Product Chat / Unlimited Grass!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well close

Heres a quick demo of me going mad with grass to see how it affects a scene in the latest version. As you will see, it holds up well, and is seriously improved to earlier versions. I have been loath to add much if any since finding it really hoggy in the past. However, now it is much better and just needs some extra types for some variety, another slider for draw distance, so we can increase it if needed, and when performance allows .

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
good to see the grass is not a huge drain and I cant wait to try out newest beta next week.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I to, am looking forward to it! Not sure how much improved it will be if any, on performance, but we will have other things to play about with at least! I might actually be able to do some tutorials on it, as up to now scene editing is about all you can do!

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah I hear that m8, I been making sound snippets for the next beta, just uploaded 9 to the forums. hope to get to use them soon lol

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
At the moment I'm getting mixed results, depending on how I paint the grass around or near other objects or if the scene is heavy.

Look forward to more of your tests.

PM
BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2014 08:22
DVader Great video nice effects

looks like it runs really well on you computer.

if your after a better draw distance there is a option on the top

right to increases the draw distance this will also include

the grass so that is draws on the top of the mountains as you are walking.

Bring It On

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Defy. I only used grass in this scene no objects at all. It was just a test to see how it copes with just terrain and grass. Adding in objects does slow things even when there aren't too many. The new 045 beta seems faster though from quick tests! Not r
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
for making small tweaks around objects and such im sure player perspective editing will be very useful but yeah for the majority of the editing the idea of doing it all from player perspective is horrible.

thanks for this post, i didn't realise the standard draw grass actually was so handy... especially with those custom sliders to change the density

life's one big game

spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem smallg. Yeah grass can be quite nice to get a scene looking good. this was just a test to see how much I could get without too much slowdown. As you can see it went well.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:06:29