Product Chat / Why did you buy Reloaded?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. I'm curious as to why you have purchased Reloaded. When I say that I mean more precisely, what sort of games do you want to make?

For me I am more interested in adventure/rpg type games and I hope to see some nice options for this sort of thing. Lua scripting will help, although I don't know much about it as yet. I do like the layout from what I have skimmed over so far though Lots of people moaned at the prospect when it was first mentioned, but I thought "Great! This looks way better than FPI!" I found FPI scripting to be awful personally. I longed for DB style commands lol!

A few things I would like to see as basic features to help keep things simpler for those of us who prefer things easy Which to be honest is everyone, even great coders like to have easy options!

1: An inventory system. This sort of thing can drive a lot of people nuts, and of course was never officially supported in classic. Although I'm sure you can do this with Lua, it would be nice to have out of the box so to speak!

2: Day night cycle. I'm sure this is already planned. The scrolling clouds mentioned for the next update are nice, but this is what we all really want!

3: A mass delete feature. Some way of clicking around an area to delete all those trees or buildings slowing the scene down The amount of time I have spent clicking and right clicking to clear areas, is time I can never get back!

4: Either a couple of preset views in the editor or a free roaming one, or, a combination of both. Editing hills from overhead is rather clumsy at best. I know we are due editing from in game, but that for me is for fine tweaking a scene, not building the overall layout.

Theres plenty more I will probably remember after lol. Simple things like scaling of objects in the editor would be very useful, not least in making those limited trees more useful. We need more trees! of course scaling in game dues to a script would be useful too! We also need fire effects and way better lighting than is currently present! Anyone who has played with lights so far will know what I mean!

So, I want an 3D adventure maker, what do you want? And does anyone have a spare oculus rift headset they are bored with and want to send me I'm pretty sure anyone who has one will be happy as Larry when support is released for it!

Sleeping Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2014 21:45
I'm looking for much the same as you DVader - more of an adventure/puzzle/RPG creation tool as I'm not much into shooting games. Also like you, I wasn't keen on FPI as a scripting language so I'm looking forward to delving into LUA in the next Beta release

Over the years I've tried out many different game engines (both 2D and 3D) but none ever held my attention for long due to a variety of reasons - program limitations, poor interface, limited output options, cost etc. So when I discovered FPSC Classic I gave it a go and thought "this could be it!" and.... it very nearly was! I still love it but now that we can sculpt outdoor environments in FPSC Reloaded that was me hooked...

Really hoping that Lee and crew don't forget us 'non-shooter' creators (give me a sword any day!) as they continue the product's development.

Slainte!

SW
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Melee combat and bows & arrows, that's the ticket! Still, a nice Zombie/action/adventure would be good too! Theres all sorts can be done with this, once its more complete. I also have FPSC Classic, which although I found to run well, at least a few years in , never quite had the tools I needed. It was a bit of fun no more. Reloaded promises to be much more flexible!

Oh another feature I forgot was nice authentic looking roads. Again I think there are plans for this. I just don't know if the plans are what I imagine in my head! I'm thinking Crysis style. I was always jealous of how easy they were in that editor, when trying to emulate it in DB. I feel the same way trying to do it in Reloaded also, flat roads are all that are really possible. Or basic painted over the landscape roads which again are not great

I hear melee has been improved in the latest version. We just need some melee characters and weapons!

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I have 2 game ideas, 1 of which is a rpg zombie fest the other a pvp without story game, I wont go into them here as im paranoid some1 better will be doing something similar to me lol..

magic.. that's me I want magic and invent and crafting systems and levelling aswell lol...

some better editor features than just over head pan, rotate and tilt and such for viewing/adding items.

multi shaped brushes for terrain aswell, this is a must have a circle is just to ordinary I want puzzle like shapes crater shapes and others and I want to be able to rotate the brushes aswell like the entities placing.

it would be nice to have Lua soon to, or something simple with the scripting at least, not worked with fpi before in fpsc as I never used it.

basically I need a drag and drop, point and click creator, fpscr looked like the ideal software so I pledged gold.

I tried unity, watched some tutorials and was like really a tutorial on how to make buildings using the mud ground good bye lol... I also tried rpg maker or the game maker cant remember which, (might of been both lol) didn't like it.

also used biowares arura engine, best damn engine I ever used for map making so easy simple to do and lots of creative wizards aswell with that 1, and fully stocked with assets to make a dnd game for neverwinter nights.

I hope at some point lee and tgc look at wizards for stuff in fpscr, stuff like area transitions and such. (I need all the help I can get lol)

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The day an night cycle (auto timed) was in not long ago but has been removed in favour of selecting day or night (static) switching for the scene in editor settings. (not sure but anti aliasing which was integrated earlier seems to have been removed too probably to aid performance)?

Anyway I think there are already thousands of requests have been made for features or functions not only now with Reloaded but over many years in Classic and all other engines. Most have been reiterated for Reloaded as requests and already exist and the rest are well kind of obvious - like constant asking for things like better editing or terrains and textures, better water and so on - endlessly repeated and well known by all and TGC. They should know what is required to be honest and do. Indies need all the helps they can get in features and ease of use for pipeline and development and deployment too. They need everything thats known and requested previously so priorities have to reign I guess. Thus fixing issues as they come along and so on so that they themselves do not hinder us to frustration is a good start.

Reloaded is an FPS shooter first and foremost by design apparently still so I guess that should and must come first - much of which will then place everyone in a good position to make other types of game - minus the shoot and blood as it were. You will still need and then already have the other AI requirements you will need in place to make other types of game albeit the AI and so on may need extending to suit. I think its well known that TGC intend to introduce support extensively for other genere/game types beyond fps.

Personally one of the most important things to me for shooters or non shooters alike is and always has been Third Person player (Camera) View (not withstanding multiple camera inclusions for other purposes) which is not even on the Agenda or horizon so that will be a long wait me thinks. I am not a fan of First person view alone as I don't like it particularly much preferring 3rd person by far and more views make for a much more diverse, varied and interesting gameplay scenarios, games and overall gameplay experience. Personally I don't compare first person to 3d where you can watch yourself climb a ladder, jump over rooftops, get chased by enemies, follow another entity or object or otherwise set up scenarios where the camera can watch other actions from an external view away from the players body or position itself. You know the score.

At the moment I have no personal use for shooting unless the enemy AI can come up to scratch with some seriously improved AI. Better to have no enemies at all rather than Classic FPSC level of AI. Currently I can still shoot every enemy dead before they get a shot off at all.

Unless Reloaded can get a major AI update to the level of AI enemy behavior and perceived level of intelligence then I wont be using any as now personally. Black/darkness with Flashlight zombie killer games where little or no AI is needed is not for me.

I would then prefer to make a game type other than fps or use Reloaded for other purposes altogether.

I agree with the OP points of course as will most users. Don't stop there current features all round need much more flexibility and updating to more user controls for Terrains and so on - everything really and the same will be the case with new features to come which really should be comprehensively covered and not a bit of this and a bit of that which may well be the case and perhaps legitimately so due to various factors and pressures upon the developers. I don't know half the score I am sure - just making the point to be ignored at TGC's pleasure :_)

So I agree whatever you suggest I am sure will be a most welcome addition and if not for me personally then for other users and that's fair enough. My own preferences should be well know by now anyway and its all been said before.

Over to you guys.

I bet you are all waiting eagerly for the next release - me too at least to give it a test run and see if I can continue to do some more work with Reloaded or will have to wait again for another version.

I must admit I have plenty to do if I can get to be able to add more to a level which puts me at a stop at the moment. I am instead replacing all of the default Terrain textures with ones of my own so that's enough to keep me occupied until the next release next week at least. As I enjoy terrain building then hopefully the next release will help with that and I may be able to paint my new textures onto a terrain more easily than the case is now which also needs some serious improvement. Fingers crossed eh!

Day Night Cycle : what you really need is to have such tied to a users system clock so it works lit the same as their own day or night time sequences though one would need to allow developers and perhaps players the option to disable that and not force it by hard coding it permanently that it cant be turned off for specific games or users. I can understand though that it may and is a performance drain to an extent I am unaware but nice to have the option of use or not.

As to features I want all everyone does but am happy to leave it to TGC now they seem to have some kind of development plan going. Cant have it all or all at once and everyone wants something different and fair enough. Patience is required so I hope to let TGC get on with it which is why I am trying to post less and leave them alone unless I think something is so important I at least should make some general comment personally.

Reloaded will be what it will be and I doubt I can do much about it and help a great deal so I have to trust in TGC to do their best and I am sure they will.

Happy game making to all.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
@ almightyhood, Yes magic and leveling would be very welcome. I'm guessing it will be something you would have to script, but you never know, an easy leveling system may be added at some point. Although not any time soon I can imagine. The ability to add
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I do like shooters a lot, but I like choppy choppy games more, right now im beta testing eso (elder scrolls online) it is rather good as you would expect for a Bethesda game.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah cool. I do like Morrowind, Oblivion was ok, apart from the main quest and Skyrim is nice graphics, but was a bit watered down in the crafting department for me. Not sure about the online game, when I originally played Morrowind I really wanted a network play option, but after playing several MMOS decided it probably played better as a single player lol.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 17:16
I'm also a ESO tester, and I have to say I love and will always support it, and I really am obssessed with the ES series, but not a big fan of ESO, it may change as more features come out but as of right now it just seems like any other mmo, with nothing really unique about it. but like I said there bound to be more features that will give me great reason to pay a monthly fee, and like the original post, i to would love these features, a huge array of features like this would be great for reloaded, but a name change would probably be imitate seeing as its call First Person Shooter.

www.youtube.com/shakyshawn8151 <<- Check it, Exclusive Interviews with Lee and much much more!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:12:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:12:39