Product Chat / Serious questions before i buy FPS Creator: Reloaded.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am working on my project with my friend. We are only two person team and we are searching for a tool that let us easily develop game we want (Adventure FPS). I found FPSC:R and i am seriously interested to use this engine. But before i buy i need to ask a few questions.

1. Can you customize game main manu (Graphics, music, text ?) ?

2. Can i put movie files in game (Like intro, story videos etc..) ?

3. Does FPSC:R uses DirectX or OpenGL ? Or will this engine support more platforms than Windows in future (Mac, Linux) ?

4. Does the games run in fullHD ?

5. Can i compile my project in STANDALONE EXE FILE ?

6. Is it possible to have dialogs (with multiple selection answers) with other characters on map ?

Thank you in advance

Oli
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2014 23:33
1. Can you customize game main manu (Graphics, music, text ?) ?

LEE: Eventually yes, but we are A LONG WAY from adding a game menu so unless your project has a long development plan, you might be best using something in a complete state for your current project.

2. Can i put movie files in game (Like intro, story videos etc..) ?

LEE: Funnily enough, I had this request earlier in the forum. If if goes smoothly, Story Zone (trigger video) will be in the BETA version at the end of the month.

3. Does FPSC:R uses DirectX or OpenGL ? Or will this engine support more platforms than Windows in future (Mac, Linux) ?

LEE: We only support DirectX at present. There are no plans to put this version of Reloaded on OpenGL or other platforms at this stage.

4. Does the games run in fullHD ?

LEE: You can run the game in any resolution your card can support (1080 pixels high (HD) is fine).

5. Can i compile my project in STANDALONE EXE FILE ?

LEE: We plan to allow minimal saving of standalone game levels by the end of the month, but a full game build (title page, save/load position, compression) will come later once key issues such as performance, memory and stability are addressed.

6. Is it possible to have dialogs (with multiple selection answers) with other characters on map ?

LEE: We will be implementing a scripting system for basic game logic controls. Eventually we will add commands to control HUD graphics and HUD interfacing, allowing you to create your own dialog engines and control systems that work seamlessly inside the games you create.

FPSC Reloaded is currently in BETA, which means we are growing it organically based on community feedback and best practices. By pledging now, you can join the adventure and help us shape this game creator into something special, and more importantly, learn about all the features as they go in

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 23:08:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 23:08:26