Product Chat / Loading in model packs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 22:27
Ok so like a few people we have pledged Gold / Silver / Bronze etc. upgraded to the new Reloaded software yayyyyy

Now bear in mind there are people like me who have no IDEA on programming. .

I can manage FPSC as its just about enough for me . .

So got the programme to work finally with the UAC command . .

Working UAC hey took me 2 days to find out what UAC means again. .

when your a novice these 3 letters mean sweet nothing please come on guys if you want people to learn help us out here with

UAC is ("UAC is user admin controll") and can be found by going to xxxxxxx etc

Any way Now then I have also got with mine Model Pack 50 – Dungeon. . .

Ok so for the next BIG question how do I load it as it keeps coming up with

So how do I Load it into reloaded . . yep I'm really that thick as you can see it has Nothing in there re RELOADED. . so in otrher words guys

HELPPPPPPP LOL

Captive on the Amiga loved it to bits . . . .
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well this is when I get alittle miffed myself, as old model packs are not ment for reloaded exactly. you can install as standalone, just put them in the reloaded folder and they will appear for you, however their not 100% compatible and character models or enemy models will not work for you, only the buildings trees and such.

why gold got given 10 packs of basically mostly unusable models is beyond me right now, maybe tgc will give these model packs a revamp later so they all work how their ment to I don't know. tbh I only pledge gold for the extra models myself, as I have no skill coding or drawing/modelling and found this to be perfect for me (at the time) now though its an annoyance I am not so happy about.

segments pieces wont work, enemies/characters might work with effort from you with some changes to files I have no idea how sorry though but mostly they are not ment for reloaded. it is confusing me why we got these assets with pledges when there is no advantage in having them.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 23:33
Oh my God . . so that's 2 of us then and some where along these lines there will no doubt being seeing more posts here . .

WHY WAS THIS NOT MENTIONED before we bought it ?

They posted the Gold pledge with get 10 model packs . . which do not work with reloaded ?

that's like Why would I buy a ( petrol ) V10 Ferrari and be offered free 100 liters of diesel . . it does no makes sense

I do hope that the model packs do indeed get a revamp . . and work with reloaded as I to bought it on the fact every thing would be compatable . .

Now please Mr Bamber give us a reply if this in fact the case and no revamp on the model packs then I have 21 model packs I bought that do not work on reloaded and if this is the case I request a Refund as this is not what I wanted

PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 23:35
And meant to add. .

I like many others will be staying with FPS Creator I'm sorry to say

PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 23:40
@almightyhood

"put them in the reloaded folder and they will appear for you, however their not 100% compatible and character models or enemy models will not work for you, only the buildings trees and such."

Well I have been trying and trying and
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 23:58 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 00:14
huh, well thats odd, its all I did for beta 1-3, not bothered with beta 4 as uninstalling and reinstalling gets old lol for just a few buildings and such.

give me 10mins and I will reinstall and give a better answer for you m8 if I can

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
now im confused m8, cant get the same screen as you for standalone or anything. also the models just installed straight to reloaded and show up fine. I tried models packs 34 and 38, metro threate is there with its water effects and such so no idea what the problem is for you m8 sorry about that, also added pack 71 aswell, its fine as its mostly trees and plants shows up to.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 00:25
ok so like i say im no PC whizz kid so what did you do im running win 8 64bit and latest Beta version

So where do I Paste the files in to what section ?

PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 00:48
Ok this is my dilema . . the picture below is where its at the tittle bar reads. . .

Local Disk(C) > Program Files > The Game Creators > FPS Creator Reloaded

Now high lighted in Blue is the MODEL PACK 52 . . do I double click it here to install it or in the folder above and double click it in there ?. .

but no matter where I put it i get this

So yea 2 days and no where . . AHHHHH doing me head in this is

PM
Parallax
Years of Service
User Offline
I have not downloaded the model packs yet but i'm fairly sure you should do the following.

Pick "install as standalone package"

Then when the installer asks you what you want the directory to be choose the FPSCR folder.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 01:50 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 02:29
Things change quickly and constantly in Reloaded, I am sure you will be able to load up and use your model packs sometime soon in future. Reloaded is in development and not ready yet for any serious kind of game development, I questioned the validity of issuing model packs way back before any Beta release but now realize we will have to wait as I am sure this is an issue which will be dealt with in due time

Till performance is up to scratch and the ability to build a game exe is implemented it is a bit of a moot point and you should use your current opportunity to get to grips with the software, there are many additions in each beta and as it goes along you will have a really good understanding of how to get the best out of it by official release.

I find that development changes with game design all the way through and that the first levels always need redone to bring them up to standard anyhow as you improve your own knowledge and skills. Not to mention taking advantage of improvements in the engine itself. Take your game idea as it is now and think of what it will be like in a few months time, there will be no comparison, if you learn how to use this now you will be among the top users skills wise in a years time

Also just a small point, you will find new media created exclusively for Reloaded will make some older media created for FPSC Classic look well out of place quality wise, not to mention the performance benefits lost with older media as it is now.

This is not an intention to cheat you or disappoint you as no one was to know what kind of animal Reloaded was to become, in fact, it's still not absolutely clear what model requirements will finally be as it is still in flux, it will all work out with patience, you can still import older media with a little effort even at this stage, if you have Classic installed then install your model packs to this and transfer the appropriate folders over to Reloaded, of course without any scripting or AI at this point it's only going to be scenery props. It's not ideal I agree but as I said above they cant have it all sorted out to everyone's satisfaction all at once, many of the model packs are third party user created and not really within TGC's ability to change in any way, that may be up to original creator's to fix as and when they know what is required for Reloaded
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

I will my best to help and keep it simple.

The best option if anyone is having any difficulty is at the screen shown to chose either the first or last option and let the installer do its thing.

Ignore the Reloaded thing for the moment.

1. If you already have FPSC classic installed then choose either of the first or last options.

Note : If you don't want to actually use the models packs in FPSC Classic at all then its probably best if you choose the last option to install as stand alone package. Either way if you install to FPSC classic as the installer does by default then after it installs you can simply copy any files you can actually use in Reloaded such as the entities Bank files and copy the whole model pack entities folder from the Classic folders to the Reloaded entity bank folder.

If you are unused to the processes I would suggest the following method.

2. If you will only be using the model packs inside Reloaded then you can actually install (unzip) the model packs to a folder anywhere on your computer. It does not matter which. You do not need the installer file inside your Reloaded or Classic folder itself to start with.

When running the installer for use with Reloaded choose the third option "Stand Alone" and install to any folder you like on your computer e.g. make a folder in my documents if you like called model packs - then inside that make one with the model pack name and install the pack to it so you know where it will be found. Now simply copy the files you want from the folder you installed to - to the appropriate Reloaded folder and they will be ready for your use as with any default Reloaded models.

Bear in mind as has been said only entities are actually usable as being set up ready to go with model files, texture and .fpe script file all in situ ready to use in Reloaded. Remember too that the .fpe files may differ somewhat from Reloaded entity .fpe files so if any of your new entities don't quite work right you may have to update the entities .fpe file with the same format as the Reloaded ones. Most should work fine out of the box as the saying goes.

Not sure if thats of any help but its the simplest explanation I can suggest.

In Summary : Its really not difficult - just install anywhere really as long as you actually know where you are installing and then copy any files (e.g. whole entity directory) you need from where you installed the model pack into the correct Reloaded matching Directory. i.e. entities directories go into : C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator Reloaded\Files\entitybank

You can just just copy a whole Model Pack entity folder from any place on your computer and paste in into the Reloaded entitybank folder and you are away.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 05:19 Edited at: 4th Jan 2014 02:47
I don't think it was the best idea to give models packs for people pledging for Reloaded. Its confusing tons of people that are new to FPSC. A lot of the new pledgers don't even own FPSC-Classic to begin with, so giving them model packs for it is a bit silly. It puts the expectation out that they are intended for Reloaded when in reality they were intended for FPSC-x9. A lot won't work as they require their own scripts. Segments won't work since they are no longer supported.

Can't expect people to just figure out everything on their own, when they are completely new to FPSC.

I do understand why they were added though, for anyone that uses FPSC Classic its a great deal. But again. The new people are just left confused and frustrated.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah I agree m8, to the point that im looking at other alternatives now..

reloaded is going to be a good bit of software in a year or 2 when its finish no doubt but with the limitations it has now and the time frame before it looks and works great is looking a long ways off. I found something that fits my needs I think and is free at the moment, it has lots of features and stuff like road mapping and terrain building, not sure on inside buildings yet I only found it today. though it has many outdoor build qualities, like what we need in reloaded right now, its built with Lua but currently is only in alpha stage though its far more advanced looking than reloadeds beta so im going to try and give it a try at least. if any1 wants to take a look at it just pm me im not advertising it more here by name as that's not what this board is for, but if lee or rick want to take alook aswell maybe get some ideas for reloaded then same thing for you guys aswell

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 12:39
@ Rolfy & Uman

Guys don't get me wrong like the others have said its ok if you are new to this and want to learn and running around on the Surface like

Halo. . Assassins Creed . . Mario Go Karts. . this is a great bit of software. .

How
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 13:01
Hey guys I think everybody is getting away from the fact that this a Beta version and what you are paying for is to help the development of the software, so not all the old stuff is going to work. I agree it was short sited of them to offer packs that wont work fully with reloaded, but quite a lot of the entities will.

Don't forget you are not buying software you are investing in the software development and this will give you the opportunity to help in the direction it takes, with the bonus of owning the software at the end and helping them get it right by beta testing it

I am sure they are working on integrating at least some of the better old packs with reloaded but we have to give them time, and don't forget what they are trying to achieve is something that blows the old FPSC out of the water so you wont want the old packs then because they wont look as good with the new models that will come. Believe me what they are trying to achieve is not easy and will take some time.

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 13:18 Edited at: 4th Jan 2014 02:48
Captive, I am curious.. what models specifically are you interested in using in Reloaded? Maybe we can help you out.

Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 18:10
@Tazman Beta version or not we should have been told / warned it don't work with the model packs from FPSC. .

That's why I/WE backed it with MY/OUR MONEY if I / we knew the packs would not work I & others would not pledge into it its like me buying
PM
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 19:05
@almightyhood

Pm Sent

Processor AMD FX4100 Quad core. .

Memory 4GB RAM. .

Graphis ASUS HD7770 Total available graphics mem 2807MB dedicated graphics memory is 1GB GDDR5 Windows 8 64bit DirectX Ver 11
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yep I replied m8 sorry for delay

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 21:43
The last thing I want is to mislead. This is the order page in question:

http://fpscreator.thegamecreators.com/order.php

We did add this line in for the 4 Reloaded Model Packs:

"² Horror, Zombie and Vegetation Packs due for release Spring 2014."

Do you suggest we add another condition to this line:

"10 FPS Creator Classic model packs*"

Where:

"* Classic model packs will only work with the FPSC Classic product, and are not designed for the FPSC Reloaded BETA".

If there is anything else misleading on the ORDER page, please let me know at lee@thegamecreators.com so we can be crystal clear for future pledgers.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 02:40 Edited at: 4th Jan 2014 23:57
I'm going to write a guide / make a website to help guide people through how to import models into Reloaded. Most importantly the model packs that came with Reloaded as it seems most people are expected them to just automatically install to Reloaded since they came with them in their purchase.

But like many people have said in this thread, keep in mind Captive, that what you ultimately are paying for is the support for Reloaded. The model packs can be seen as being complimentary for your pledge.

I think people are getting confused with "FPSC Classic" as they are unsure of what that means as a new user. That or they miss read it. Or just simply expect the model packs to work with Reloaded since they were sold with it.

Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 15:10
@ Teabone

I'm going to write a guide / make a website to help guide people through how to important models into Reloaded.”

Err should that not be TGC job from day 1 ?

I know we are paying for the support mate as so are man
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 16:59
Quote: "I'm going to write a guide / make a website to help guide people through how to important models into Reloaded. Most importantly the model packs that came with Reloaded as it seems most people are expected them to just automatically install to Reloaded since they came with them in their purchase."

There's a guide in the Docs folder of Reloaded that helps you in getting models into Reloaded.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 17:49
@Captive

Maybe the people who are developing it at the moment did not no that it would would not work with the old packs or maybe they have every intention of making them work. The point is it is a totally new piece of software, it is not an upgrade
Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 21:50
@MadLad Designs

There's a guide in the Docs folder of Reloaded that helps you in getting models into Reloaded

There way over my head Mate sorry I’m not good at this stuff ( yet ) and I cant watch and click at the same time I'm w
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 23:01
I compiled the guide and I know NOTHING about modelling whatsoever so it was written by a newbie for a newbie. Take a look as it might help some.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 00:03 Edited at: 5th Jan 2014 00:15
Captive its actually quite simple and no you don't need to know C+... or anything. No programming required.

Download and install your model packs as "Install for FPS Creator"

Then go to: Program Files --> The Game Creators --> FPS Creator --> Files --> Entities

and just copy every folder you see inside entities folder.

Then open Program Files --> The Game Creators --> FPS Creator Reloaded --> Files --> Entities

and paste.

Pretty simple.

Captive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2014 00:09
Madlad ill have another look but cant promise any thing LOL

Ahh Teabone . .

The Game Creators --> FPS Creator Reloaded --> Files --> Entities ( cut / copy paste )

now that I under stand

Processor AMD FX4100 Quad core. .

Memory 4GB RAM. .

Graphis ASUS HD7770 Total available graphics mem 2807MB dedicated graphics memory is 1GB GDDR5 Windows 8 64bit DirectX Ver 11
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:21:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:21:29