3rd Party Models/Media Chat / What Models Would You Like To See In Reloaded?

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 09:41 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 14:11
Hey all, I'm a 3D Modelling artist also do various other things as sound engineering (SFX / not music) and a bunch of other helpful skills that might benefit the Reloaded community. I was just curious what types of models people are hopeful to see for Reloaded?

This might be great information for other artists to have as well.

pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 11:53
1) Singular models, each having multiple yet varying optical features per model - such as buildings with realistic glass in their windows and doors with a capability of opening and closing.

2) Mobile character models, in particular vehicles with wheels that both turn and pivot for direction.

3) Flying characters, particularly birds.

4) First person characters with optional second and third person camera views.

5) Huge animated, fire breathing, flesh tearing, overly-destructive and aggressively maniacal dragon with a penchant for tiddly winks.

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 15:37 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2014 15:39
All sound possible. Though a lot will depend on what direction Reloaded goes in terms of scripting.

Am a bit confused by number 4. In terms of number 5, I decided to test out some Skyrim models inside FPSC-Reloaded.. and I must say... the results are stunning!

Though I won't be able to make models as remarkable as the ones found in Skyrim, I for sure will be inspired to try.

pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 22:34
Does it breathe fire? #4 is about having something other than a gun with and arm on a trigger - something like a complete person - and then having the ability to see this operator controlled person/orwhatever in it's complete form from either the front or back or through the eyes as normal. Cool dragon!

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 03:12
For the record that is a 3D model from Skyrim. Its used as a test to see if FPSC-Reloaded could handle that many polys on a single dynamic entity. It never flickered and didn't take long to load. My FPS dropped to about 12 though but still not to as bad as I was thinking it go.

I'm working on my own custom dragon model but I have no idea if I'll be able to make it breathe fire as I'm still unsure with how reloaded will be treating scripts.

What your requesting in #4 is actually something that's on the least priority for reloaded. Though it has been mentioned a couple times and with a test footage from TGC of 3rd person.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't even want to begin listing models I would want for reloaded game lol it would be a days worth of thinking and listing lol.. but all fantasy models and alike would be good, I like to shoot zombies but that's just a hobby hehe .. ideally I would make a sword and shield game aswell as a shooter so both sorts of models would be required at some point. but for 1 game I have in mind I would need lots of zombies, zombie dogs, bloated mutants like things aswell as normal dogs and characters that are civilians not fighters not gun men just average people. that's a short list lol.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 13:33
I'm on the same page, I like both modern and fantasy set games.

I've been working on a series of characters for about a year now. Has been taking me quite some time as I'm not working from any template character. So essentially working on building the human figure from scratch both male and female. Not sure if I can display them as they are basically naked at this point.

If you recall in FPSC-Classic Modern Pack 4 we had a Bikini Girl, Nurse, Surgeon, Security Guard, Prison Inmate, Medic and Police Officer . I plan to remake all of them from scratch for Reloaded. In the attachment is how the bikini girl is starting to look. I'm still working on the full texture to complete the skin.

My intent is to create a male and female figure and then start building clothes as a separate 3D mesh on top of them. For zombies I would just have a different to create a different texture and animation set. Also the clothes mesh would be some torn apart material.

Just before Reloaded hit I was in the middle of making a ton of animal characters which I fully scripted and worked pretty well. But since the move to Reloaded, I have no idea how I can go ahead with them due to the scripting debate. I will still continue to model and animate animals but one of the key reasons why I was so excited to work on them, was creating their unique scripted behaviors.

So yes I'll be working on civilians, zombies and dogs (and zombie dogs), just we get new information around how I can script them.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
that's cool m8, wish I had the ability but im naff at drawing stick people let alone anything else lol.

but if it goes into tgc store then that be a bonus at some point in time, when though is the question for the Lua or not Lua I wonder? seems more important than a character creator/thingy

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 14:05 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2014 14:06
I would love to put everything in the store but I have absolutely no idea how the scripting situation will be in Reloaded's future. So for the moment I'll be uploading static entities.

yeah I don't get the character creation thing, Room Blog Tool (the ability to build indoor maps) and the scripting should be type priority over some character builder... thing.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 20:18
The dragon scene look really good Teabone

How many polys are in that dragon? I was trying to get my dragon model into reloaded as well but it kept crashing!

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2014 02:43 Edited at: 28th May 2014 07:08
Over 15,000 polys, its a fan made duplication of the dragon from Skyrim.

The dragon model I'm working on has much less poly count but of course, less detail.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 12:48
Let's keep this thread alive so we can start working on some models before the next release :p

raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 05:26
I haven't seen too many dinosaurs...
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to see some good fire, big burning car and building fires also camp fires, barrel fires and such like. can the software do it yet or is it for a later date I don't know?

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 11:18
If you could possibly do new walking sounds as at the moment it sounds like walking on glass or crisps
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2014 06:52
I believe the new version supports decals, so we'll soon be able to have fire for sure.

Flashfire07
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I for one would love some science fiction elements. Preferably octopus based, lots of tentacles and protrusions to blow off. Energy weapons or at least high tech looking ones, holographic displays, etc. If I had the skills I would make them myself but I lack that so no luck there grr.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2014 05:25
I created the world's first second person shooter back in the mid '90s and patented the idea. This is why you never see any second person shooters. Or maybe it's just because shooting yourself just isn't very entertaining. For some people, anyway.

Oh, back to the subject at hand. Dinosaurs are cool any time or place! A young Christie Brinkley? (Today's models would be just to easy to create: attach vertex to bone? Who needs vertices?) Carnival/amusement park stuff! I am working on some carnival stuff myself, but I suck at textures. I am studying those at the moment. Second and third (more?) cameras that we could access either for HUDs or displays in scenes (security cameras/monitors). Smoke and mirrors, literally. I have read that when the Lua implementation is complete, it will give us access to the whole of the engine, so sounds, etc. shouldn't be an issue. I would really like to see more modern items. Fantasy/medieval/WW2, etc. are pretty much overdone in my book. Don't get me wrong, I like the themes, but I can easily find tens of thousands of models made for those genres all over the interweb. Horror is a great theme and it can take place any time, anywhere (my carnival will be as horrific as I can make it).
PM
KajoCat
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have has several preferences, either medieval or horror or something to do with war. but I find also so old-fashioned things fantasy and horror combine very interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/RPGMVXA?ref=hl
Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 19:43
I think animals like birds, dogs, wolfs, cats and so on would be very nice.

System: Win 8.1 64 / i5 @ 3,9GHz / GeForce 760 GTX 192 Bit / 8GB RAM
PM
Vortigern
Years of Service
User Offline
Ordinary civilians of all shapes and sizes. Fighters, soldiers, monsters, etc - these will always be around, but I really struggle to find a decent variety of ordinary civilians. With the questing system of FPSC, I would really like to put in civilians everywhere who can run for cover, screaming when gunshots are fired, or who can give you 'quests', sell you guns or who are victims you need to save. The civilian packs I've seen also tend to have 'baywatch' types, which is fine, but for a decent story-driven game, you kind of need old people, fat people, people of all different races, kids, corporate executive types, bums, and so on. Perhaps the same models could be used for a fantasy civilian pack and a sci-fi civilian pack, just with different clothing.
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2014 07:35
Is there even anything in the reloaded store at the moment? Ive looked and found nothing. Maybe I dont understand how to properly click a title and see results. . . . lol. Im really not that dumb but this confuses me that there is nothing in there. Id love some nice models and ani to use and YES for gods sake, lets get some new sounds already. Ill buy almost anythign I think i can use at some point. You just never know when an idea will come up that some ones models might inspire.

Ideas:

Animals (all kinds)

Buildings (modern, war torn, decayed, country homes, Country store) I have an idea about makign a store where a player could buy a weapon or upgrades

Basically, as I see it, everything is needed and an ability to use the "Use" function to make objects open / give players items. Im thinkign Indie style at the moment.

It would be really cool to build a new survival game but Im not sure if the game will support my ideas.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:36:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:36:04