Product Chat / Playing with v4

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 17:02 Edited at: 6th Jan 2014 12:16
I've spent today trying to load a level with a lot detail, lots of entities and although the characters were doing some bizarre things, it's was good enough for testing.

This test level was created on Core2 Quad laptop with 2Gig ram and a Radeon HD4670 mobile video card.

With all the setting maxed out I can get 16fps on a blank map. With everything added in the screenshots below (still maxed out) It didn't drop below 8fps.

I think once we can change the size of the map and maybe turn the water on and off, we should see massive performance gains (I don't know if Lee has played with this idea yet?) It doesn't seem to be the entities draining the resources.

Even with the few issue I had a long the way, I was very pleased with the results !(Sorry no video, I can't get fraps to work)

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2014 18:02
Thats a very nice looking scene you have there .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
looks good m8, though if fraps is a pain try ezvid for making vids its what I use and never had any problems with it recording screen.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2014 10:09 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2014 10:26
Thanks for the comments

I will give ezvid a go, thanks, I'm back at work now so I'll try again at the weekend !

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks really good. I notice you have a npc on one shot. I found any old npc's I have don't work and just move around with their arms out. Is this fixed now?

Remember if you do a vid, you will get slower performance when recording, I always try to leave a little headway for this.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 20:26
I didn't have any problems with arms sticking out but he did hop everywhere !

I would say working slightly better in v4 but still not great, I've tried a few things to get them working but no luck so far.

PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 22:51
Added a bit more tonight and got fraps working, just need to set up a youtube account

(Dragons are just for show)

PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2014 23:19 Edited at: 5th Jan 2014 23:42
Nice! You got a good Artistic sense of composition and layout going on.

I have started forcing myself now to thinking about lighting position (since it's currently fixed) before starting to build scenes, it makes a big difference when it comes to making your scene 'pop'.

Character animation calls are hard coded at present. Until you get scripting in there, or the ability to change frame references for default character frames, you aren't going to get anything else working as it should. Unless they use the same animations as stock Reloaded characters.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2014 12:15
Thanks Rolfy

You have a good point about the lighting, I haven't really thought to much about it until you mentioned it! If I could move the light over a bit more, it would make the scene look so much better.

I was trying to push Reloaded as far as I could on my gaming rig (i5, 12Gb ram, Geforce 550Ti) as I test the first part on my laptop, by adding as much detail as possible, the scene in the above post achieved this.

I would have liked to add more detail but running at 2fps, it wasn't going to happen. I was also staring to get other problems due to memory usage.

The other problem I had was with the fog. The fog was working with everything below the castle but not on the castle itself, I'll post a screenshot later.

PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 16:54
The fog problem was just a LOD issue, all fixed now

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 14:19:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 14:19:44