Product Chat / Beta 1.004 and Install Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 17:08
I just upgraded to Gold and the files are waiting for me. However, the program files seem to be the same as my original; bronze level, (plus the extra stuff)and when I installed them it was version 1.002? From the comment above about 1.004 being "In my products" I do not see any additional files. How can I be sure that I get 1.004.

Also, I am installing this on Windows 8.0. When I first tried to install, windows placed the files in the Crograms(86) file folder. When I tried to run the program it failed saying that the op system would not allow the program to update files in the program folders. I am the administrator, and I tried to turn VAC off but in windows 8 I could not find the way to do this.

I have had this issue before and I made my own program folder (root C drive)and installed the program in to that folder and it seems to run fine. Will I find issues later on with this type of install?

Finally, what's with the "look-up" function? If I move my mouse so as to look-up the program forces the view to a look down and I cannot look up at the sky?

Thanks
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 21:15 Edited at: 31st Dec 2013 01:07
Uninstall any previous version of FPSCR before install the new version.

In the "My Products", look for the newest date on the files.

When installed you can se the version you have at start-up.

It would say 1.004.

I think this far every pledger (gold, silver, bronze) had gotten access to all new alpha-versions. But that will change in the future, I think. Otherwise I do not see the point in being Gold.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I actually avoid this by installing each new update in a different folder. That way I can test different versions as I like Also I don't have to worry about deleting old maps and stuff.

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2013 00:31
Create a map folder outside of the Reloaded folder, that way your maps won't get deleted.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\My Maps for Reloaded"

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 11:16:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 11:16:16