Product Chat / Possible game feature

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
To the crew: Would it be possible to add imput boxs (Randomize? yes or no) and boxs with min number and max number to let the computer randomize storyline zone audio or video files? Also ramdonize different fpi files for entities. This would allow for the games made with the software to be different every time they were played. One time you play and a character is your ali....the next time you play the character is trying to kill you.

This would allow the game made to combine video intertainment with a game. Developers were talking about doing this 20 years ago. This small addition could allow this to be achived.

This also would allow for doing away with the concept of having a boss on every level to prolong the life of the game.

chuckster
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 20:22
A neat idea. This would probably be something done via a simple script using a randomize instruction, changing the starting allegiances of characters and states of items in the world. Should make for some VERY interesting games! Remind me of this again when you start to read about LUA scripting in the blog posts.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 6th Jan 2014 23:29
A great ideia, but I think would make the game very confuse, if not impossible. Take metro 2033, for example and think of the level where we must follow bourbon and not let him die. How could that be possible if he were an enemy? Unless you could add an option to turn such a feature on and off.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2014 05:25
I do like the concept. you run up to a guy who was friendly last time you played the level and this time you run up and he alerts the guards.. nice.

Bring It On

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:15:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:15:51