Product Chat / DirectX and NVidia 3D Vision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC Reloaded looks really exciting. I'd buy it just to create and fly through 3D terrain without actually making a game. From the promotional videos, FPSC Reloaded's terrain editor is very easy to use, similar to the god mode terrain editor in SimCity 4.

What would really seal the deal is being able to play my creations with NVidia 3D Vision stereoscopic 3D. However, 3D Vision requires DirectX. Does FPSCR support DirectX? Also, has anyone created and played an FPSCR module with 3D Vision enabled?
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2013 08:14 Edited at: 29th Dec 2013 08:16
FPSC:Reloaded is powered by DirectX, therefore 3D Vision can technically work without any hacks or wrappers, just as any DBPro creations can. However, the current beta does not allow the games to run in fullscreen exclusive mode and I'm not sure if standalone FPSC (classic) have that option, so 3D Vision does not take affect and therefore cannot be tested for compatibility issues.

If I create a DBP app and run it in full-screen exclusive mode, 3D Vision kicks in and works just fine. but FPSC:Reloaded in its current state is unsupported. Even if we are given the option to run in fs exclusive mode, there may still be problems relating to the HUD, crosshairs etc. common to games that are not 3D Ready and optimized for 3D Vision.

The Rift, however, is expected to be fully supported and provides a remarkably more immersive experience than 3D Vision. Since getting my Rift I've not really used 3D Vision at all . I also have purchased various third party driver hacks for Rift that bring compatibility to most DirectX games...

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU, NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU, G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 20:24
If we had many requests from the community for NVIDIA Stereoscopic support, we would certainly look into it, and if viable, integrate it into a future update. It's really down to demand, and where it lies on the overall chart of priorities.

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 09:01:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 09:01:39