Product Chat / LUA in the next beta version?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First Merry Christmas Folk!

Anyone knows whether Lua scripting is at disposal in the next beta?

or when you can expect?

would be great because then you could work purely in it nice and slow.

PM
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2013 13:34
I´m afraid you have to wait. I guess 6-12 months, since Character Editor seems to be of a much higher priority to some. I guess the Room Blobs (ability to create indoor game) will be far away as well.

Merry Christmas
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
No chance in the next update, unless they have been secretly working on it without telling us. As Steohl72 says it will be awhile. I'm pretty sure room blobs won't be too far away but we are talking a few months at least.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree got a ways yet, not sure why people want anything like whats been voted for when performance is still in need of a fair amount of work but I trust lee and rick and tgc when it comes to delivering that 1st. would like to see room blobs or what have you sooner than the character maker myself, and tbh more assets to be used from a wider range of themes to, but there we go.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2013 06:09 Edited at: 30th Dec 2013 07:44
I don't suspect the scripting language being improved any time soon as there are a lot of young people that have jumped on board with Reloaded and wish to change its direction to petty things and not anything back-end (performance, scripting, physics, AI).

I'm still waiting on the ability to create interiors. Or at the very least the discussion of this... involving the TGC team not just us.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as interiors go I am really hoping that all the model packs I own will work. I also hope there is some movement in that area soon, as they are only so many things to play with, with outdoor scenes.

Also, it would be very nice to get at least some info as to how we could get older character models to work if it is possible. The ones included in Reloaded are, although nice, somewhat limiting to say the least! I would like to see more useful models like civilians at the very least! We don't all want to make a military shooter!

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2013 07:46
I know for sure segments won't work. But most entities such as props and characters will work in time.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 20:27
Scripting is high on the list, as without it you are pretty much confined to default behaviors which will wear thing after a while. Before scripting however we need to get the scene speeds up to full throttle and ensure you have all the assets in place. Once we are there, adding scripting will then allow you to modify the playground you have created to add your personal spin on everything. Once or twice I have been tempted to drop in FPI as a place-holder, but I think in the long-term a single scripting solution that is fully and undilutedly supported is the best course.

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 19:17:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 19:17:03