Product Chat / Question about beta 4 spec maps

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 22:06 Edited at: 21st Dec 2013 22:09
Do the spec maps actually work in this beta? I have been trying to make spec maps for some new models and my flat rock kit, but I see absolutely no difference. I even used a totally white one and a totally black one and loaded them in Reloaded. I can see no difference at all.And "YES" I deleted the dbo and bin files. I Even made 6 complete sets (same model and diffuse) with different names to make sure that was not the problem. I also uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that was it.....no luck

Can someone please confirm if it's just me or something is broken in beta 4

ps. tested in dark shader and the maps work perfectly ???????????????????

I cannot upload any models for testing at the moment. I am on a very limited bandwidth connection for the moment.
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 22:16
Which shader option were you using?

Powered by Free Banners
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 22:23 Edited at: 21st Dec 2013 22:25
entity-basic shader, it was working for me in the previous 3 beta releases. Also like I said it does work in dark shader so I don't understand what's going on. I have not messed with any of the TGC model spec maps yet for fear of breaking them too

edit: I tried it with high and low settings made no difference
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 23:39
All the shaders have undergone an overhaul to include the new HIGHEST and LOWEST shader options. You will need to have your entity shader (from the Shader Panel) to HIGHEST to get Specular math running on your entity surfaces. When you get broadband back, send me a model that exhibits your issue to lee@thegamecreators.com just in case you have found a legacy support issue. Thanks.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Problem Solved

It seems it was all an install issue after all. I uninstalled again then did a few maintenance things on my pc and rebooted before installing again. All seems to work properly now. I have no real clue about what the actual problem was but as long as it works I'm happy!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 10:58:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 10:58:06