Product Chat / indoor maps question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm new to FPS Creator Reloaded, I used the old fps creator a number of years ago and by default when the software was opened it had a square grid which walls, floor, stairs etc could be built on but the new software is outdoor terrain by default, How can I build indoor maps like the old software? or better still can I build an indoor building with outdoor terrain still there, do you know what I mean?

Thanks
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
at the moment there is only outdoor map making, we are waiting on a feature lee calls room blobs which will be for indoor maps I think. no1 really knows much I don't think either about these room blobs system that I have read so far, I am interested in this aswell. stay tuned for more info with lee's blog if you don't already, its just a matter of time

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 22:57
What I used to call 'Room Blob' is now the Construction Kit in the FPSC Reloaded Voting Chart. We are drawing up some design documents around the scope of the project and warming the fires beneath a new coder who will help us create it. This allows me to carry on focusing on core stuff, while the buildings grow around me Classic had some limits in what you could create with the grid a constant reminder that all your games had to be at right angles. With the new system, there will be no grid to limit the shapes you can create, and our early sketches are looking very promising. You will probably learn more about this first through my daily blog (http://fpscreloaded.blogspot.co.uk/) so stay tuned there

Hogging the awesome since 1999
aaronmarsh632
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi thanks for the replies, I cant wait to see some of the future features including the construction kit which I also voted for What you have planned, Would this give the type of freedom which I get with hammer map editor? so you can literally create and texture maps as you picture them?
PM
BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2013 11:43 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2013 11:44
maybe room blob is like the duke editor in my post below.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207379&b=1

thu I haven't used the hammer editor in about 8yrs but it was really

cool back then.

Bring It On

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2014 19:50
In some respects the Construction Kit will be even easier to use, and more powerful than the Hammer Editor. In other, more specific areas, the Hammer editor is better suited to certain constructs. My hope is that we strike a balance between easy of use and creation flexibility, so that pretty much any shape can be conjured without unnecessarily delay or confusion. As the beta of this tool develops of course, you will have plenty opportunity to suggest improvements and refinements to the design.

ivanfv1989
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee,

¿Is there a release date for the construction kit you mentioned? Because I plan to use Fpsc reloaded mainly for an indoor game and I hope the new system is as easy as the segment system of the previous versions.

regards,

Ivan
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2014 18:02
No ETC as yet, we're still in the early prototype/design stage. It then moves to a final prototype, and then a series of staged integrations you will be able to play and then a final V1 module. The Construction Kit will sort of sneak up on you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 00:42:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 00:42:15