Product Chat / Change radius of spray brush?

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 17th Dec 2013 23:37
I checked all the post above as well as the videos and I haven't found an answer to this yet. Is there a way a to change the radius of the brush used to paint and raise and lower terrain?
PM
unbound
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 02:04
- and + buttons.

There are only two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 16:54
You can't at the moment, it's fixed.

The - and + buttons change the size of the Terrain brush, not the spray area.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Is there a way a to change the radius of the brush used to paint and raise and lower terrain?"

Quote: "- and + buttons."

Quote: "You can't at the moment, it's fixed.

The - and + buttons change the size of the Terrain brush, not the spray area."

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 22:34 Edited at: 18th Dec 2013 22:34
Doh! I just went from the title thinking they wanted to change the size of the spray area!

Yes, the + and - keys will change the size of the brush.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, they won't if you are using any keyboard layout other than UK English. So it is indeed an issue.

I for example am perfectly able to reduce the brush size with - but no key whatsoever is making it bigger. Kind of a heck of a lot of trouble creating a nice landscape.

As far as I know, the devs are aware though.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nope, they won't if you are using any keyboard layout other than UK English. So it is indeed an issue."
Works for me on both UK and US layout. I don't have any others so can't really say
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
I mean the keyboard layout setting (language) in Windows.

If you have anything different than UK English (or US like you point out) you are screwed with the + and - keys for the brush size setting currently.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2013 23:24 Edited at: 18th Dec 2013 23:29
Not arguing here Just curious.

I always thought scan codes were numerical and not alpha the only difference would be in physical keyboard layout, hence the ability to change to other languages in windows etc. This should mean the assigned keys work whatever their value is on the physical keyboard. For example if your keyboard layout has / where UK has + then / should work for you.

Whatever it's not something I am up on and hope they fix this for y'all
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
Well ... instead of bitching around, I could as well just post the workaround I hear you say? Right you are.

If you can't increase or decrease the brush size in FPSC:Reloaded and you have your keyboard language set to anything different than UK English or US English, you might want to try the following:

Go to your Control Panel

Pick 'Region and Language' (whatever this might be called in your native tongue)

Go to the "Keyboard and Language" tab

Click on "Change Keyboard" (no worries, not as bad as it sounds)

Click on "Add..."

Find the "English UK and Northern Ireland" entry and check it.

Then confirm all the "OK"s

On your taskbar you usually should see the language setting of your keyboard (e.g. "DE" for German or "FR" for French)

When you start FPSC:Reloaded, click on that entry in the taskbar and change it to "EN"

Then you can change the brush size with the keys shown below. No matter what symbol you might have on your native keyboard, it will be '-' and '+' for now as you set your windows keyboard language to English.

But yeah. I also hope they will fix that so it will work for all keyboard languages.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 21:58
The current spray feature was the work of ten minutes and is lacking in some major areas, not least that it creates FAR TOO MANY entities, and then deleting the extra ones is a royal pain in the previous. When I am given a day on editing tools, I will be adding range select, density, speed of addition/subtraction and some attributes to restrict the random rotation and scaling. It's a great little feature, and will be completely cool when these extra controls are in place.

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 15:52:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 15:52:18