Product Chat / Zoom level changed (1.002 to 1.003)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I finally got around to doing some testing on Beta 3 (just been busy), and one thing I notice is I cannot zoom out as far as before when editing a map. I used to be able to almost get an entire map on my screen, but now I cannot get even close to that perspective anymore.

Anyone else notice this? Not sure it is a bug, just seems like a change was made to the amount you could zoom out while editing a level.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 21:07
As the community decided they wanted to keep their terrain editing work at a high polygon level (and I don't blame them), I limited the maximum extent to keep the rendering speed usable. In BETA 1.004 it has been adjusted again for slightly better vantage, but I welcome feedback if users feel it needs to come out more at the cost of decreased performance in the IDE (i.e. more polygons to render).

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
I was going to say, how about an option, but technically, simply allowing the zoom function to go further is basically an "option" already.

So for those having a performance hit at a certain "zoom" level, they could simply zoom in a bit I would assume, yet it would still allow those of us with a high performance machine the freedom to work with less limitations.

Maybe an indicator (2x, 5x, 20x, etc.) for zoom level in the IDE so anyone can gauge to what extent they can zoom out to before their performance drops for their future reference and editing pleasure?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 09:56:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 09:56:18