Feature Creep / What FPSC Reloaded Needs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2013 23:54 Edited at: 11th Dec 2013 21:52
What FPSC Reloaded Needs

A blog from ©®The DSEGTeam™ game development team.

These are aspects and issue's from consumers and developers that purchase reloaded, what they found "wrong" and what they "want" in "demand" in the future FPSC Reloaded updates.

http://www.dawgsquadentertainmentgroup.com/WEBPROTECT-blogfps.htm

©®The DSEGTeam™ Game development Team
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 22:44
Thanks for the entertaining, if somewhat confusing read. I was quite impressed to see that your development team is Copyrighted, Registered and also Trade Marked.

Quote: "©®The DSEGTeam™ Game development Team"

Does that hurt much?

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 03:07
The blog has been removed.

Don't waste your life
The DSEGTeam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2013 20:21 Edited at: 15th Dec 2013 06:52
The Link is Now Available.

mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
Shouldn't this be moved to another thread? You know the one called "Feature Creep"?

I liked the avatar because she wants to eat you!!!
PM
The DSEGTeam
Years of Service
User Offline
"Feature Creep" -- That thread is for FPS creator x9 v1.19 & has nothing to do at all in relation with the new FPSCR, also that thread is over 3 years old. this thread is for RELOADED, and also that thread is on the game creators official page forum which is not in use anymore, everything has been redirected here.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, Listen everyone, I understand that there are many other topics out there that this thread could fit under, But in relation to the threads, this is a "PERSONAL" blog from ©®The DSEGTeam™ game development team.

And what is blogged here may have some kind of connection with other topics, but like I said in the beginning, this is a personal blog from ©®The DSEGTeam™ for FPS Creator Reloaded, we expose, explain and differ problematic issue's from developers around the world. and we don't want any more replies on where this topic could or should have been posted.

Just read it, reply in correspondence to the topic if not, please take your comments to another thread as you are all starting to spam up this thread, when there are actual people who may need and want this information or even may find this information useful.

Thank you and we hope you understand, that this is a blog from a developing team and is not intended to be an individual opinion from regular newbie developers.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 06:02 Edited at: 20th Dec 2013 07:50
Okay a response from a 'regular newbie developer'.

1. Your team failed to notice that terrain/paint brush size can be adjusted, making your workaround for painting paths unnecessary. Even the newest 'regular newbie developer' who visits this forum knows this.

2. Your team fails to understand that it's not possible to create tunnels or caves in a terrain editor like the one used in Reloaded. This would require voxel modeling, something I seriously doubt your going to see in this (maybe a separate editor). Models will work and since removal of terrain from areas is already being implemented for buildings etc, then it's already in hand.

3. It really isn't for us or yourself to decide where your thread should reside on the forum, that will be decided by a mod who may or may not choose to move it, regardless of anyone's opinion. I only posted a link to the board since you seemed unaware it existed.

4. Why are developers around the world e-mailing and phoning you, instead of TGC, the actual developers of the product?

5. Why don't you post your ideas/opinions here instead of linking to a blog offsite? The TGC Dev team are extremely unlikely to visit your blog so your concerns will go unnoticed.

6. Surely a Dev team would have unlimited bandwidth as a matter of necessity so I don't understand your apparent concern over downloading Beta's.

No offense but you don't really offer much incentive for folks to visit your blog (I for one have never heard of ©®The DSEGTeam™). Hence the shortage of responses
The DSEGTeam
Years of Service
User Offline
1- the brush editor was not updated! and until the recent blog from lee bambert for December 2013 was posted, he personally stated that this issue is in the development progress and will be one of the next updates for December 2013 & currently right now at this moment in time there may be work around's for brush size's but still is not a workable source! A workable brush size source is the point in where you can pick your actual brush "size" and change it accordingly without,"work arounds", it would be nice for TGC to make this happen soon as it is necessary for continuing development.

2- The tunnel segment options, if your paying attention to the thread..it was basically an "Option" that would be nice to have, and beside's all of the modeling process's, and so-on, Lee Bambert created this reloaded forum to get information from people in development stages who can give idea's and options on what could possibly be implemented and programmed into fps reloaded to make it the best fps game creation it can be, as it just came out, there is still many possibilities for many options for the reloaded program, even tunnel segments...as the years for the development of reloaded is still in its beginning stages, reloaded is not a fully functional program, it is a beta version, meaning, it is still being created, even though we own it already! we test it out and they keep fixing the bugs and updating the things that are important.

that's where we come in and give our options and idea's, like any other thread, they will accept it or throw it out the window, it's up to TGC.

3-Thank you for your info, we will keep that in mind.

4-We never stated that "every team/developer" were contacting us, there are many varieties of people who contact us, maybe they did call TGC or contact them in some way, we don't know that, we know many development teams/developers that's been using fps creator for years now, & I mean many years, no joke, and as of the gold pledgers, there is 36 gold pledgers that are associated with DSEG, We have been contacted for years for game information and issues, "FPSC BOTB Developer" you are the only one that has a negative reaction with us since, 1999... there is nothing to prove here other than to help other developers out with ideas from others to give to TGC for implementation of the reloaded program. some idea's presented here may have been fixed or updated since, but other than that, like we said, this is a personal blog for development teams we are associated with in some way shape or form. sometimes we get random people like you asking questions to.

"we also deal with UDK and hammer world editor, just so you know."

5-If no one was viewing our blogs from here, We wouldn't continue posting them, since our first blog post, We have had over 2183 views on our site and over 327 replies, just for the blog, here on this TGC site we have had 245 views and 9 replies, also we are getting contacted by many people, about our blogs and how our thoughts were good ideas, and they also gave us ideas that we also post in our blogs. so all this information on our blogs is not only our ideas and thoughts, It come's from others like you "FPSC BOTB Developer".So think about it, it must be working...also if TGC didn't want our link, then why did they allow the post?..., The forums are moderated, even though this thread is here, it was confirmed & accepted on terms of agreement by a forum moderator!

6- the downloading issue was brought to our attention by a person who contacted us and asked about bandwidth, we asked that person a few more questions about his concern about bandwidth, as what the problem was, he stated he contacted us because he knows we are a well established team for fps creator, he wanted to know why they cant have an update button to make it simpler for people with low bandwidths, not the site itself bandwidth, but the owner of a computer who pays for internet bandwidth.

Reason brought up because, yes, TGC do's have a wide bandwidth, maybe 100gb but that's for the site itself, and if you download something, its according to your bandwidth, not the site, as the site will always download at a certain rate Kb/Mb's...but the receivers bandwidth is totally different from the senders bandwidth, if your a bot developer, you should know this, this is basic internet information. also he stated everytime he downloaded the betas, the link would break, or the download would just stop, so removing the extra bandwidth used on personal ownership of bandwidths being payed for, would be an awesome idea.

Example for saving bandwidth,,everyone knows the basic elements of bandwidth, bandwidth is like a highway, lesser traffic, the faster we go, the more traffic, the slower we go.

so if we were to have the reloaded game platform loaded up, and if we were able to just click on update, the bandwidth would be much smaller than, opening up explorer, opening a page, download from link, but then the link links to another page, then you download.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2013 21:54 Edited at: 20th Dec 2013 23:09
I am not arguing with you negatively, merely pointing out flaws in your knowledge of Reloaded, if it's your intention to inform people then you need to have your facts straight. Brush size has been adjustable since the first Beta was released. Use the -,+ key's for this.

What users actually look for now is pressure and alpha brush implementation, they also seek a 3d view for brush editing instead of top down 2d.

I believe it may still be that tunnel segments,corridors etc could still be implemented as the grid system still appears to be in there to an extent.

I never said "every team/developer". You yourself stated in your blog, and above, that Developers from around the world were e-mailing and phoning you, I don't make things up.

Since you stated at the end of every post on your blog that bandwidth was an issue I got the impression it was personal and not just one user who complained.

The problem here has been your attitude, which has come across as you thinking your opinions and thoughts are for some reason, more valid and important than other users around here. Whom you refer to as 'regular newbie developers'. Unless you can point us to a AAA commercial game created by you and your team then you are no more important than anyone else. Your opinions and ideas are of course as valid as anyone else's but not more, just because you say so.

If that hasn't been the case then I apologise but you should be more careful with your presentation. your website isn't exactly professional and neither is the blog, I mean no offense by this, but want to point out that if you want to be taken seriously as a Dev Team then present yourself in a more professional manner.

Quote: "It come's from others like you "FPSC BOTB Developer""
You seem to have a thing for derisory name calling Just an example of your attitude towards others here. Still never heard of you even though you are a well established team for fps creator,a web search only returns closed youtube channels and a few Steam Group comments.
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
OK,

This Board is for feature suggestions.

Anyone may post feature suggestions in it as long as they follow the rules.

It is not a board to hold threads or posts regarding directing people off site to another web site so they can make or read about suggestions Regarding the Reloaded product. That is what this board is for and all feature suggestions should be posted here if anyone wants them to gain any attention official or not. If you have information of value to Reloaded then please post it at these forums not at some obscure internet location.

Quite correctly TGC will read suggestions placed at these forums but are unlikely to go anywhere else to do so or to pay any attention to off site postings regarding features.

There are in fact more than enough users here here who can cover all aspects of feature suggestions and its unlikely anyone off site will have any better ones. Users here will know the score far better than off site people who don't have or use the product.

There are more than enough experienced TGC product users and new users here to know exactly whats best for Reloaded and TGC will look to them as they are doing for feature requests.

Users cannot make a post private except by their own request to others to respect such and it is indeed Moderators at their discretion who will decide if any thread is placed in the correct board or not and move it if necessary. They are quite capable too of deciding who should be allowed to post in any particular thread and generally speaking the rule is everyone and anyone as long as the posts follow the rules, are on topic or otherwise adjudged by the mods to be legitimate to the topic at hand.

No one really cares if anyone off site gets contacted with another persons suggestions. If people are contacted in such ways its best if they are directed to post their suggestions here in the feature creep board if they would like them to be considered at all. Any off such site boards are never going to get much attention around here and that is shown by experience over longer than I care to remember.

If you want to support Reloaded then the best way to do it is here at these boards as this will be the only place that will be still around when you need it.

I will leave this thread open for now. If other users don't like it then just ignore it and it will dissapear.

I see little of any value here so if it deteriorates it is likely as always in such cases to be locked.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 11:40 Edited at: 21st Dec 2013 11:46
There is something about yellow on black centered text that makes it hard for me to want to attempt to read through. :/

By the way... I hate to bring this up but your company appears to not be legitimate. I suggest you review this site.

http://www.lawmart.com/forms/difference.htm

You may want to reduce your copyrighted symbolism if you want people to take your company more seriously.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 01:55
I read most of the blog. It's funny the "team" would pick someone who is barely practiced in the written word to blog. I found the blog at times funny, since he obviously hadn't used Reloaded to any extent, and just when I thought he understood it was still in beta, he claims developers are demanding features! Also, yes, yellow on black is just in poor taste. First website, perhaps?
PM
The DSEGTeam
Years of Service
User Offline
January 2014 blog posted

http://www.dawgsquadentertainmentgroup.com/blogfps.htm

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 05:50 Edited at: 28th Jan 2014 13:37
doubt if any1 cares tbh with you....