Product Chat / Water improvements

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2013 19:03 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2013 19:04
Hello all, i would start a discussion about water plane because, from the beginning (v1.001) it appeared and actually appear not too much natural, look at the attached picture: the water is too clear!

it could be good for a pool, but not for a lake!

i noticed that if you place objects under the water plane they aren't affected by the waves distortion. so innatural!

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2013 23:28
The water is a quick and dirty version, just to get water in. As the betas progress and the game speed increases water will get the love and attention it deserves.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yes water has had me thinking the same thing tbh, would be nice to see it more natural looking, and to have animated water reeds and underwater plant life at some point to .

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2013 17:05
I would think that is yet to come. As in FPSC where you control the water color and the depth also the ripple effect. That is all done with setting it up in a fpi script. So until they decide if they will use fpi or lua then we will have a crack at it. That is how I see it anyway .

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd say for starters, just a better shader with more reflection would look better. You can't really tell water is transparent from any real distance.

loopster1616
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 01:02
You know what would be cool it you could paint the bottom of rivers, lakes, canals, and etc with all different choices of shades of blues to change the color. Of course it probably will have to have some kind of reflective effect to it.

Guadalupe Alvarado Jr.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 22:09
If anyone has any DirectX 9 shader and code examples of good water techniques, I can certainly flick through them for inspiration. Only a few days ago Rick emailed me a shot from the water out of SkyRim with the simple tagline 'I Want That'. Without increasing the performance drain on the engine, I am curious what directions are available to me. I know a little about a vertex mesh I can physically undulate, and even some parallax mapping to give them impression the surface undulates but it's often easier to grab a working demo, stare at it for a long time, then borrow some of the shader code to speed up the process of integration. Links to lee@thegamecreators.com welcome!

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 20:09:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 20:09:36