Product Chat / Questions for the FPSCR Team?

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 17:06
Hi,

Do you have any pressing questions for the Reloaded team? If so, please post them here and if you're lucky I'll pick yours and Lee will answer in the next news post or newsletter.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 17:51
Just wondering when we will be able to import our own static models with multipal textures .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 18:31
I vote for Granada's question. I was about to ask the same thing.

Powered by Free Banners
Kilgore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 18:43
When will you announce the scripting support (FPI/LUA?

"It's power babe, power. I don't create it, I own it."
PM
Years of Service
User Offline
Just for curiosity. Is that true that FPSC Reloaded will take at least one year untill we have a stable release so we can build a final game executable?

Goldenye 007 N64
PM
thorus22
Years of Service
User Offline
I vote for Granada's question too
PM
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 22:55
Quote: "Just wondering when we will be able to import our own static models with multipal textures"
ditto

mk83 Productions
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 23:14
When are you doing the water for swimming submerging drowning floating etc

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 23:18
@ granada

Dya mean 3 separate dds diffuse texture and 3 normal and 3 specular for 1 object?

A lot of texture why not use on one a 2048 will hold most needed.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
AAAAAAGGGGG!!! So much pressure... what to ask... what to ask....

I don't have a question, I just want it done already! lol

Oh wait, I guess I do have a question:

Q) Are there any plans on building an interface we can employ when we develop a game with FPSCR that allows us to give the "player" the opportunity to create maps or levels based on the assets we used and/or provide in our game development so "they" can do "modding" of our release?

In other words, a built in editor we can provide "within" the game we created with FPSCR.

:o)
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 23:45 Edited at: 26th Nov 2013 23:46
@ science boy

Quote: "@ granada

Dya mean 3 separate dds diffuse texture and 3 normal and 3 specular for 1 object?

A lot of texture why not use on one a 2048 will hold most needed."

Yes i mean separate .

Dave
PM
Burger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2013 03:20
Okay, I have some questions. Hopefully they are thoughtful and questions that a lot of people are curious to have answered.

What are the plans for the level/loading system for FPSCR? Specifically I'm wondering if we will be seeing the ability to retain level state for non-linear games (such as RPG's) or will this system be in the linear-only style of FPSC classic?

Will we be seeing more in-editor integration of game making components? For example will we have to leave the editor to write scripts, set up entities or others, or will this be a similar workflow to FPSC classic?

With these advanced performance and graphics settings, will the player be seeing some form of an options menu to tweak their game (eg. draw distance, graphics low/medium/high, screen resolution ...) as is standard among PC games?

I'm also curious about the implementation of the room blob system or interior design, but that will come with time.

- An Instinctive Fear IndieDB page, download the demo today!
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Q: When are melee weapons going to be added? Any ideas of how they are going to be implemented?
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2013 19:51
Q: The original FPS Creator manual didn't really do the software justice and was very basic. Will the Reloaded user manual be more in depth to show what can really be done if the user digs deep enough?

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."

Check out the FPSC Reloaded FAQ!
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2013 16:18
Will FPSCR ever be able to render solitary objects that can vary in depth of translucency/transparency/opacity regardless of the number of maps involved? If so, will this also include an ability to render reflections? If none of this will be available, will there be an avenue where scripting or perhaps a plug-in of some sort give this concept a realistic chance to manifest the artist's vision at this desired level?

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 17:56
I'll bite:

- What are your plans for a more robust terrain editing system (as far as new tools, brushes and texture splatting)?

- Will there be more options (via sliders or input panels) for the water plane? Will we have the ability to localize a water plane, versus level-wide?

- Will there be any future effort on creating a GUI tool (one that doesn't bog things down) either in-editor, or as a seperate tool altogether?

- Will there be a decent particle tool/system built into the editor, or will it be a seperate tool?

- When will we get a more detailed (with images) explaination of the new "Room Blob" system?

- Have you given any thought to including (eventually) a new tab in the editor, strictly for terrain libraries?
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2013 18:04 Edited at: 9th Dec 2013 18:05
- What other external tools do you see accompanying Reloaded?

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 04:04
it is funny I email rick about the multiple textures issue back in November and now I'm seeing everyone else is sharing my same interest on this. I hope more and more people ask about this because he said this in his Monday blog.

[quote]It is fair to say my shader slicing removed some things you might have wanted to keep such as multiple textures, normals, shadows and other small effects but the experiment was to see 'WHO' was spending the frame rate.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
eMaRDi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 08:20
- Building "blobs" (like offices, space stations): How is indoor-texturing intended (only 6 textures per cube?)

- ADSW is default in Beta now for moving around, Arrow keys cause various issues; Is key mapping intended in the final version?

- What abou
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2013 12:25
Quote: " ADSW is default in Beta now for moving around, Arrow keys cause various issues; Is key mapping intended in the final version?"

The arrow keys can now be used in Beta3 and don't cause anymore issues.

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2013 17:17
There seem to be a few members now starting to build maps, but is it true that future Betas will render these useless?
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2013 17:17
Quote: "There seem to be a few members now starting to build maps, but is it true that future Betas will render these useless?"

There is no guarantee either way, as with all beta software they may be incompatible with new releases. But at the same time they may work fine.
PM
The Rev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2013 19:20 Edited at: 12th Dec 2013 19:23
I just read in the news letter that you are going with lua.

Does that mean that the fpi\'s are out?

If that's the case that means having to learn a new script and all the scripts I have will be totally useless. Truth is I think if I known this before and having to get a new video card to get reload to run and the animation been totally different then the standard. I don't think I would have ordered reload.
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2013 19:53
Quote: "There seem to be a few members now starting to build maps, but is it true that future Betas will render these useless? "

Anything i build in the beta i class as throw away .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2013 10:11
Hi,

Quote: " "There seem to be a few members now starting to build maps, but is it true that future Betas will render these useless?""

I've discussed this with Lee and the aim is to ensure that levels can be supported as we develop new levels. If a major change has to be made to the format then we will provide a way to load older maps into a new version and then save them in the new format.

Quote: "I just read in the news letter that you are going with lua. Does that mean that the fpi\'s are out?"

Lee has yet to start this work so it's not 100% decided. He'll want to do some R&D work before being sure. At this stage the benefits do seem to favour LUA support.

Financial Director

TGC Team
Tomahawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2013 03:45
Is there a possible feature for co-op development, where two developers could work on the same map at the same time?

Is there a special price for model packs so a development team would only have to buy once and pay maybe 15$ instead of 10$. Just wondering if it is required to buy the model packs twice if you are working on a team, or if there is a special price for development teams?

Thank you.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2013 21:20
It's probably too early to consider pack pricing at this stage but as always at TGC we will make sure it's affordable The Multi-User idea of users sharing in the world editing experience has been something rattling around my mind for many moons, and I fancy to include the seeds of this when we start the Multiplayer Gaming part of the engine, which is riding quite high in the voting chart. Given how we have staged Reloaded, it's a relatively small step to go from death-match to co-operative editing, and I want to make sure that if we have the resources, we take that step!

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-10 22:18:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-10 22:18:55