Product Chat / Tutorial Request - Character creation and import.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Tutorial Request - Character creation and import.

Could someone please make a tutorial video or screenshot posts, on how to create a simple character from scratch and import it in to Reloaded.

I have static modeling experience, but feel overwhelmed at the task ahead of making a character, with their being no tutorials for this on reloaded.
PM
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2013 22:16
@DosedMonkey http://www.makehuman.org/ There, it makes a HD char for you XD, but you need to convert it to .X file, If your not willing to learn then what is the point in trying. Trust me it is hard to design games but it is worth it. Just take your time
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the link. Looks really good.

Yes I have made near total conversion mods before, for Battlefield and one for Emergency 4, but with both of those most of the work I did was vehicles and dabbing in coding. Not any new animations or characters with skeletons.

Even if I use this though (http://www.makehuman.org/), I need to use the right skeleton/biped to be compatible with Reloaded right?
PM
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2013 00:39
@Dosedmoney im not sure about the skeleton/biped I just remember someone on the forum saying that it was good for Reloaded Char's I never imported one but I used makehuman and its really good detail, but you should be able to take out the skel and make a
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I have fragmotion now, and you can import the character from reloaded in to that, with its skeleton.

Going to be a while until I finish modeling and skinning my man. Characters are tough to model, for me anyway! More of a mechanically minded person. Not great with organics!
PM
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 21:56
I suggest you study the characters and their animation sequences given to us in our character folder in your fragmotion. Take note how each sequence has a beginning number and an ending number and also notice how they are strung consecutively from their first animation until their final animation. Note also the resting position between each animation. Examine carefully the .fpe and the .txt files in the character folder and learn from the example there exactly the procedure needed to implement your characters' action in your games. In your foliage folder you have an excellent example of an animated palm tree - it might help to start with something simple. By the way, I use Truespace which is hard to find since the Caligari company went defunct, but there are still many copies of it available legally for free if you Google Truespace 7.6 and there is a very large community of users who make .x model animations successfully with it. Blender is another great modeler but I feel it is so difficult to use - but, it is a huge community also and even though it is free, it is now rated as one of the absolute most powerful modeler/animation tools on the internet. It is worth learning if you want to make some money selling models.

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 22:21 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 18:26
Hi pianodavy ,

TrueSpace is not that hard to find try United3DArtists

http://www.united3dartists.com/forum/index.php

http://www.flat2d.com/Truespace_en.aspx

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:20:33