Product Chat / DarkAI Obstacle Challenge

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2013 02:57
I am sure some of you are familiar with Dark Basic Pro and DarkAI module, and I wanted to put out a little challenge to see if anyone can solve it with a little coding magic.

I have been doing Reloaded performance work and noticed when I placed a few hundred trees in close proximity to each other, it created a huge soup of obstacles which took an absolute age for DarkAI to create the waypoint back-end database for. The solution is to give DarkAI a simpler obstacle that can represent a 'clump' of trees (or any static entities) so there are fewer waypoints to calculate around the blockage.

My challenge is for someone to create a small DBP prototype using DarkAI which can identify objects that would intersect, and then create a super-obstacle which would represent the clump. This way only a handful of obstacles are submitted instead of hundreds (and eventually thousands) of individual obstacles.

If anyone wants to take up the mission, you can email me the resulting prototype at lee@thegamecreators.com. For those willing, have fun!!

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 00:49:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 00:49:17