Product Chat / Video Cut-scene Animator engine idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an idea OF a Video Cut-scene Animator engine. is this a good idea?

use game levels as a movie set. to make 1 to 10 second HD video clip's for in game story telling. do you think it will work with FPS Creator Reloaded? can this be made? see attachment
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 23:47
This will depend on whether or not camera controls are made available within the engine. At this point in time, very early in the beta process, you would only have one camera, i.e. the FPS camera.

In other words, the only way to accomplish this right now would be to set the same scene and record multiple times through the player camera set at different angles. Obviously, we will have levels at some point so you could have an invisible floor that you place the player on to achieve a top down view.

Basically, if I understand you correctly, you are looking to use a game environment to create a linear sequence of videos that you would edit into a movie. I think you can do this if you are creative enough with the limitations but it would tough without additional camera controls that are not currently present (not to mention...running Fraps or Camtasia along with Reloaded is going to require a beefy computer to get you the FPS you need (24 or 30 depending on NTSC or PAL)...for now anyway).

FPSCx10 has a Fly Mode that I used on many occasions to shoot videos of my scenes. Perhaps we will get a similar feature in Reloaded.
JONOVID of OZ
Years of Service
User Offline
I thank you for your understanding.

my idea is that a Animator engine can take it's time to render each and every frame following a preset time line say 30 to 300 frames then convert to a known video format. yes full camera control is part of it and invisible floor is the idea as in invisible minimum range setting fot the camera control.

time line is like waypoints that start & stop a Animation. like walk to point B pose from point A pose, pan the camera from x go 200 frames to Y waypoint next Zoom in 50% 100 frames. like move a tab on the time line channel -right click to set a new waypoint. new pose. the idea is that a Animator engine fulls in the gaps between poses. moving pose to pose. I thank you for your time. hope one day you can take this idea further. as a companion app to FPS Creator Reloaded.
JONOVID of OZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me try to explain more.

This is not about video game (Real Time) capture."Camtasia"

I recognize the significant problem of slow video frame rates in (Real Time) capture software.. So about this idea, to explain it like this.

Just as MIDI files are to music. So a pose Animation piano roll is to this abstract app concept. a pre planned map of all Animation that will make up a Video Cut-scene. Using a 3D game level. the pose Animation piano roll is a edit window made up of channels at the bottom of the edit screen.

Each channel is assigned to a entity. you pick from the game level. if entity had Animation, the app can run it. Between waypoints you set on the time-line as Tabs. & use a popup edit window to pose your entity.

The build is Not in Real Time. but the end Cut-scene video file will Play in Real Time. This concept is a Posing Animation piano roll Editor. Like DAZ Studio's posing editor. However uses the same existing FPSC Reloaded Characters & 3D World to make a 1 to 10 second HD video. the walk Animation from a Character is used .all you need is to set the waypoints & poses like

a soldier's stand and salute. or walk up & sit in a chair then face the camera.

or a full-on firefight on the battlefield with explosions as the camera fly’s over it. the camera has is own Animation channel. but you can fly it around the Editor in Posing mode. yes you set the camera waypoints too. & jump camera from place to place or slow pan it between waypoints. you do not need to pose every frame. Only at the waypoint of next tab. so you can setup the explosions that have their own Animation channel. so do bullet holes. if it moves in your Cut-scene, it needs a Animation channel on the piano roll. Posing mode is like simple primitives edit screen that you use to pick your Animation waypoints in the 3D game level. You load a level you have made in FPSC Reloaded & save it under a new name. use the concept app Editor to pick the Characters that you want use in the Animation. Add other Animation channels like explosions or breaking windows. This is not a video Editor. it’s a concept for a 3D Posing Editor to build a video file. for in-game Cut-scenes, movies, YouTube esc. Sound is added to the build at the end, the sound triggers are from the entity’s used in the video build. Note that the definition of game engine is Not the same as a Cut-scene Animator engine. One runs in (Real Time). The other steps frame by frame to build up to 300 raw images for a High performance rendered graphics video build. The concept is that FPSC Reloaded & this concept Animator engine app share the same files. (Not runing at the same time). I added this post, to explain more about this abstract concept of a 3D animator waypoint pianola. If it’s technically possible.
TehGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Ssssoooo... something like Source FilmMaker?

or have I completely missed something?

[CENTER][/CENTER]
PM
JONOVID of OZ
Years of Service
User Offline
sometimes you need a Name to find what you're looking for.

my XP PC is just not up to runing the New tools now.

...upgrade everything is big $

B creative & have Fun.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:35:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:35:04