Product Chat / Latest Reloaded News

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 00:26
Hi,

We've posted some news in the Reloaded News blog.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 00:55
Interesting read.

I spotted this:

Quote: "Q: If we make maps in the current Beta, will we be able to load them in future versions?

LEE: At present, consider all maps created in BETA 1.002 disposable. The plan for BETA 1.003 is to optimize and formalize the data structures used so that we have a clean base from which to build an elegant forward and backwards compatible level file format. If, however, there are good reasons for ensuring BETA 1.002 levels can be migrated to the new build, please post, comment or email your request direct to lee@thegamecreators.com. Such a feature will require additional coding, and take time away from performance work, but if the majority agree the work is necessary, then it shall be done."

My view is that everything I've done with the betas is disposable - to suppose otherwise would be silly. We are supposed to be testing the engine and making positive suggestions for improvement. No-one should be trying to make final games or parts of games at this stage. If our maps can be loaded into the final version then fine - but I certainly wouldn't want such a feature to hold things up.

In short, those of us who wish Lee to concentrate on building an efficient clean system and not worry about compatibility with previous betas should be invited to say so too - we don't want an ignored silent majority.

Aside from that it sounds like everything is coming along nicely.