Product Chat / Beta 2 Testing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 22:36
I have just installed FPS Creator Reloaded Beta 2 on my main PC (Windows 8.1 Pro x64, 16GB RAM, Radeon HD 7850, Haswell i7-4770).

There is still the same issue opening the "Open Map" File Dialog when choosing "FPG" File Type from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the dialog.

The Map Creator crashes.

Unfortunately, if you open FPS Creator again, it will hang infinitely in the loading screen, as the process "FPSC Map Editor (32 Bit)" keeps running after the crash.

If that application is terminated via "End task", the FPSC opens correct again.

Playing the "get to the river" map shipped with this Beta, enemies do not detect me if I am behind them (which is interesting). They are also one-shot this way.

However when detected, they do not get down even with 3 headshots.

Footsteps sound very distorted (on my 5.1 system it seems they are echoing from distant walls than being caused by me).

Standard gun sound is terrible but I think this is quite low priority.

There is a quirky thing still with the two man at the end of the level (north of the camp at the small beach).

If they detect me, they are shooting at me a short time but then turn around and shoot at the lake's direction. It simply looks odd.

Creating a random level looks fair. Placing a start marker and one enemy (masked soldier) is easy.

However it seems the system does not accept another weapon as "hasWeapon" for the soldier.

I chose "uzi" but the soldier still used a pistol. As well "HasWeapon" at the start marker does not work.

When starting a game I do not have any weapon (1 Key and mouse wheel does not work).

I am still very curious about the indoor-blobs and especially how texture handling is accomplished. From what I understood in the drawing, such a room consists of essentially six faces inside and outside. I assume (as for most games) only one texture is selectable per face. Repetition of textures might get tricky, especially on walls.

How is by the way wall thickness simulated?

FPS Creator Classic had its wall thickness by design determined by its grid.
PM
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2013 00:25
Quote: "There is still the same issue opening the "Open Map" File Dialog when choosing "FPG" File Type from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the dialog.

The Map Creator crashes.

Unfortunately, if you open FPS Creator again, it will hang infinitely in the loading screen, as the process "FPSC Map Editor (32 Bit)" keeps running after the crash.

If that application is terminated via "End task", the FPSC opens correct again."

I've just tried that and you're right. It took me a few minutes to find the right process to terminate before I could run Reloaded again.

This needs to be fixed even though we can't load or save fpg files yet.