Product Chat / Erase terrain textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When paint my terrain with Ground and Rock, how do I erase? Also, are these fixed or can they be swapped out like Lush, Ice and Desert?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
The only way I have done it is to select the ground you want to delete (grass, rock) then right click to remove.

Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 16:27
Quote: " then right click to remove."

Thanks. Yet again I've overlooked the right click option.

Only problem is that it doesn't mirror the left click action. For example, if I add the ground texture I can add it quickly and easily, but if I right click to remove it seems to take ages and then fails to remove it completely. Looks like a bug to me - or at best an inconvenient feature.

Powered by Free Banners
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 16:58
I haven't tried this so...

What happens if you paint one over another? Does it replace or mix with the previous one?

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 19:36
Neither or possibly both.

If I paint a section using Ground then overpaint with Rock it seems to blend with Rock and replace with a grass border. Repeated applications seem to end up with rock with a grass border.

If I paint a section with Rock then overpaint with Ground it seems to first replace it with grass then blend with Ground.

I suspect the Moss texture finds its way in there somewhere as well, i.e. one of the textures might be moss rather than grass.

I find the present painting system unclear and non-intuitive and I hope it gets sorted out. At the very least I'd expect to be able to select a texture and then paint by blending it with what's already there, adding more layers if necessary. The present method is somewhat restricted because of the way the colour channels are coded in the vegmask.dds map.