Product Chat / what is this strange red arrow attached to certain entities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 11:39 Edited at: 12th Nov 2013 11:40
I've been playing around with the old FPSC Model Packs and most things work as expected. However, when I select one of the fireplace entities from the Castle Pack I get a weird red arrow attached to it. Also, and I guess this is related, the editor seems to insist on placing it in the wall rather than on it, or at least it's awkward to stop it doing that.

I've checked the .X and .fpe files and can't see anything special for those objects. Anyone know what's going on or how the editor knows those objects need such an arrow? Looks potentially useful - if I knew what it was for or how it is triggered.

Powered by Free Banners
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 13:40
In FPSC classic, this was used to help place lights and pictures up against walls.

I can't remember what it was called in the fpe. Something like forwardfacing = 1.

Jay

Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 14:14
Thank you! That was it. I've just checked the fpe files to see what missed - I hadn't noticed that the other entities had that line commented out.

[That's the second time I've checked an fpe file and not noticed that something was commented out. Note to self: look for semi-colons in fpe files. ]