Product Chat / Terrain Editing Example

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
For those of you still thinking about purchasing FPS Reloaded, and also anyone just hungry for any related stuff. I thought I'd do a quick video on how easy it is to use the editor at present.

Most videos I have seen are all about the end result, which is great, but this is for peeps interested in the actual creation process.

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 16:12
Wow! Thanks Vader. I learned a bunch from this. Thanks so much for making this video I didn't even know what the level tool was lol, I thought it added a level or something so never hit it, yep I can be a bit slow I haven't done too much with the terrain tools yet but will now, they are great, I have been too focused on getting characters in.

FROGS!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! I'm glad it helped you. You can make some great looking terrains with a bit more time than I spent in the video. It also doesn't hurt your frame rate as much as adding in lot's of objects. Best to try to get as much out of the terrain as possible. I'm looking forward to a few more painting options and textures

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 23:35
I'll see what I can do about my SLOW frame rate with shadows. I plan to do some geometry batching on the shadow renders, which should give you a sizable boost Great videos by the way, and good pointers toward where I need to go next!

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 08:54:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 08:54:15