Product Chat / missing textures...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 12:50
Hello, I made already some tests with the new launched version of beta this friday, it's great, many improvements, but I have this problem: I installed some packs: industrial, metro theatre, tropical pack.....and all entities from this packs are white, no texture, even if in the previous beta version one week ago.....were perfect the pack entities.....so...what can I do?

I have an other proposal concerning the frames rate....what if can be possible to start a new terrain with a smaller surface.....like in 3d world studio???

Mihai
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Model packs that used to work fine have all turned white for me also, plus performance seems worse..

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 16:08
hi guys,tried models from tropical pack.

Loaded them into Ultimate Unwrap,reasined textures saved them back into reloaded and the textures showed up.

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 17:32
Thanks for sharing...but the problem must be solved inside of fps reloaded...i dont have that software....so why should i buy it??

Lets hope this problem will be fix inside of ...fps reloaded

Mihai
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 17:43
here is attached an image of a bridge..made today..last version

Mihai
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 20:02
Quote: "here is attached an image of a bridge..made today..last version"

How did you get the sections to link properly?

Powered by Free Banners
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 21:23
for the sections to link properly...I made all sections...and from left to right..edited all...and put in the position left and right with the arrows...and up and down, with PageUp and Pagedown.....there is the result..

Mihai
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 21:57 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 22:06
Thanks.

I keep forgetting the Page Up and Down keys.

Time to get a bit more practice.

Edit Wow! Just tried that. It was simplicity itself! Thank you!

One more query ticked off.

Powered by Free Banners
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 17:24
Don't forget you can press 'B' to turn the snap-to-grid on as well.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 22:17 Edited at: 12th Nov 2013 00:26
Quote: "Don't forget you can press 'B' to turn the snap-to-grid on as well."

Er, thanks - but what does "snap to grid" mean?

Powered by Free Banners
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2013 22:42
Instead of moving an entity smoothly pixel-by-pixel it will move it a block of pixels at a time. Try it; get an entity and press 'B' twice and you'll see what I mean.

"I find your lack of grammar disturbing..."
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 00:25
I've just tried that but don't see how it helps. For example I've just tried aligning two wall sections from the castle pack and that method either leaves a gap between them or gives a big overlap. Perhaps I've missed something? In particular I can't see the grid that is being "snapped to".

Powered by Free Banners
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 01:22
Here is the editor key list from FPSC,it might help .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 11:31
Thanks. That's a useful reference. Of course some don't work, or work differently, in FPSCR.

But what are the three grid modes?

Powered by Free Banners
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2013 23:22
If someone can furnish me with a before and after zip of how they fixed a white texture issue into a working texture for the latest update, that will highlight very quickly how I can fix it for the next version. Send zip to leebambertgc@gmail.com!

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2013 00:44
Lee, I've sent you an email.

Powered by Free Banners
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2013 02:51
I just loaded the x model into my 3d modelling prog and re attached the texture. And exported as an x but with attached skin. Reloaded reloaded and all good

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
mihaid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2013 15:08
Hello, I wanna add some things about missing textures:

For instance, to castle pack, the entities are grey, and somehow, seems a texture is moving..if i move mouse wheel...

to industrial pack...grey textures

catacombs...textures are good to my pc !!!Intel core 2 cpu, Phisical adress extension, Ge Force GT 630

medieval pack...textures allmost black, dark grey

metro theater - some textures are working..some not !!!

middle est - grey textures

night city pack - good textures !!!!

tropical pack -light grey

urban - light grey

viral - some characters flashing...really donno if are good..some not !!!

weapons - good textures BUT !!! to sniper....hands are separately of gun.........playing alone.....

I hope this will help

Mihai
ShadyNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2013 22:45
i got all same problems as others, grey textures, standard weapon looks like falling apart when firing,and rpg is a white dot... help me please! i got gold verson last Friday....
PM
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2013 19:05 Edited at: 19th Nov 2013 19:05
All,

We should probably get a sticky going at some point for this problem unless Lee intends to solve it in code.

I do not want to take credit for this as it was Green Gandalf who discovered the fix.

HERE IS HOW YOU FIX IT:

The quick and, perhaps dirty, way to fix this problem is to open the .x model in notepad and find "MeshVertexColors{...}" Inside of those brackets will be possibly thousands of lines of coordinates. Delete "MeshVertexColors and everything in the brackets. Save file and presto!

NOTE: when you search for "MeshVertexColors" you will first come upon "TemplateMeshVertexColors". Do not delete that. Find the next instance which will just be "MeshVertexColors." THat's your guy. Take him down.
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2013 21:43
Quote: "We should probably get a sticky going at some point for this problem unless Lee intends to solve it in code."

Good idea - and I believe Lee is hoping to fix this in code. It is easy in DBPro so should be in FPSCR also. If we get a sticky I can upload some of the utilities I've been working on to aid this. Three examples so far: (1) deleting vertex colour, (2) adding normals (see below), (3) Tree Magik trees. They will be crude utilities but get the job done (in the cases I've tried ...). The adventurous can elaborate them as they wish.

There's also the related issue of some models not having normals which makes them render strangely - that is also often easily fixed in code and Lee might do that in code as well (if I remember to remind him ).

Why is it that the demands of game making get in the way of game playing?