Product Chat / FPS Creator Reloaded Beta 1.002 Released!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 22:51
Hi,

The new Beta is now available for download.

Check your order history download area.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool beans! Downloading as I type

srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:01
Should we uninstall previous beta before installing?

Thanks!
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:04 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 23:06
Brilliant thanks Rick

Saying 2hours eta on my 100mb/s connection - take it you have a lot of load on the accounts right now?

I've managed to wait a few days, so I'm not worried by a few more tiny minutes

Edit: gone down to 5 mins, so not a problem at all, must be chrome's eta at fault

I think therefore I am. I'm just not very good at either...

My production company: www.hawkvalley.co.uk
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:08
Yes, un-install the older version.

Have fun!

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
Dralel
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:26
Just tested, the framerate is definetly improved and sound works!

Quick question, how can I tell which footstep noises are played based on the terrain the player is standing on?
PM
AeroFiles
Years of Service
User Offline
Fun Fun Fun !!!

AeroFiles - addon content developer for fps creator (store)
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:39
I'm getting about ~30 FPS less than the previous beta on the Get To The River level. I was running between 60 - 45 FPS and now averaging about 20. It's actually a little worse than that because I was getting those high numbers with pretty much everything maxed out. If I max it out now, it is unplayable.

Hmmm..hope it is just me. Anyway, growing pains are expected.
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I can finally hear sound but now I can't use model packs. This is what happens on a clean install, as you can see I lost my arms too.
mnemonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:52
Great new beta! Looks better, and greater in-game performance. Sound now works. But when I right click the player marker and sets a start weapon, the player still has no weapon. Maybe you already know about this.

www.memblockgames.com
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:53
Still having problems with the sound rifle makes. And others like this one

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Intwyt
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks really great!

All the issues I had, are gone! The frame-rate has almost doubled with me.

So I'm a happy bunny!

It's Never That What You Think

------------------------------

Intel i3@3.330GHz, 4GB Ram,win7(32b,sp1), GTX650Ti
PM
AngelTheKiller
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:55 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 00:55
I also still have this problem when placing down objects,

entity placement do not match my mouse pointer
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 23:57 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 01:57
I'm getting a noticeable increase in FPS but still not enough. The auto detect low fps system seemed to work and brought it to about 17 but without shadows .

First test screenshot:

The download was slow (approx 35 mins on a slow broadband line as expected) but no other problems this time.

There was a glitch on installation. The installer seemed to get stuck on the DX installer (it should have been detected as unnecessary as before) so I cancelled it. The installation then proceeded to completion including a worrying moment when it said it was repairing the Visual Studio installation. [Edit The DX glitch didn't happen when I did a second clean install.]

So far the software seems to have installed correctly. Will test more carefully tomorrow. Nice to see that my custom changes to a few entities seemed intact after the new installation.

Powered by Free Banners
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 00:01 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 01:55
Quote: "Yes, un-install the older version."

Ouch! I knew I should have read the thread first.

Perhaps that's why I've still got my custom changes. Watch this space.

Edit Decided to belatedly follow Rick's advice and lost some useful stuff that I'd put in the Reloaded folder. Very annoying. I expected it to remove only the stuff it had put there. So be warned. Fortunately it'll be easy for me to reproduce the stuff I lost but it nearly got a lot worse when I reinstalled beta2 to my main TGC folder. Never do anything important late at night.

Powered by Free Banners
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
getting about the same here, was 5fps no matter what I put into the maps now its 7-9fps with the editor just making a terrain to walk on which then drops down to 5fps with grass trees and all the rest of it.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 00:51
One BIG improvement I am planning for next week is a set of PS 2.0 shaders for lower end cards. My guess is that it should provide a substantial boost. Glad you like the update, I will continue working...

Hogging the awesome since 1999
space123321
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 01:10 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 01:11
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - sound!!! and the tab options are awesome.... have to get my kids to bed so that I can play. In the 5 minutes that I spent - LOVE IT!

60+ FPS
PM
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 01:20
There´s a official Bug board, I think it´s good if we all could report the bug over there.
PM
J_C
Years of Service
User Offline
I have problems with weapons in this update.

With the original beta 1 The hand gun and rifle worked great.

Now in this beta 1.002 the handgun has a constant flicker..

- you can see the bullet holder flashing inside the gun and when you shoot.. the gun and hands hide and leave only the bullet holder on screen with the gun fire flash.Then the gun and hands reappear still with the flicker.

- The rifle continually jumps up and down very fast even standing still.

and when you reload then 2 disembodied hands and arms fly in to the screen and then the rifle starts its jumping up and down animations again..

System : Vista 32 bit, INTEL Quad core 2GB mem: Graphics Nvidia 640 GT 2GB
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 02:24 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 02:26
Nice update with the sliders and controls though they make little difference to performance in the get to the river level where entities exist.

I am getting about an extra 2fps when accepting the prompt of low fps and selecting yes to auto optimise. I was getting 22fps and now 24fps tops.

In a new empty level there is a big improvement from 22 last version - now 34fps with auto fps optimisation but then there's nothing in the level to have much affect.

As with Beta 1.001 despite fairly low fps ranges player movement is relatively smooth and gameplay is OK/Possible

Is it my imagination or has the Terrain (world size) been reduced down? I think it may be the player speed is rather greater so covering more ground faster?

"The new update improves characters marginally, and they can no longer shoot at you from an insane distance." What insane distance is that? Enemies never shot at me from any insane distance from any version of FPSC I have seen by default. Reloaded enemies are lucky to see me and shoot at all much of the time. Please allow for users to control the enemies attack ranges and do not hard code restrict the flexibility of users to manage the attack ranges. If the player can see the enemy at any range and shoot the enemy then the reverse should be the case as in real life where humans can indeed see enemies and shoot them at extreme ranges given the correct weapon type with such range killing potential. I want to be able to kill and enemy at any range and vice versa as in real life up to the extents of human sight ranges with addition of telescopic sights in such cases. I don't want to have to walk up to a distance where I can kiss them or they me as now before they start shooting - I want to kill them.

On the subject of weapon and weapon scope why have I lost the ability to be able to adjust the screen settings to avoid/adjust horizontal image distortion completely? I am now left with Player hands and weapons (Most important of all image) squashed up in the vertical and cannot correct that at all using the sliders as I could do previously? Now the scope end of Rifle weapon and player hand are squashed in the vertical or egg shaped in the vertical. The weapon is one thing bad enough but player Hands too? You can see this also markedly on the pistol weapon. No way at the moment to adjust this to display correctly on my monitor as I could with V1.001.

Additionally the hands (animation) on the Rifle weapon leave the weapon behind so that needs checking. see attached
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 02:52 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 03:27
Quote: "One BIG improvement I am planning for next week is a set of PS 2.0 shaders for lower end cards. My guess is that it should provide a substantial boost."

Glad to hear that! Congrats on some improvement in the performance, it is noticable. I went from 2 to 9 FPS in the included test level. I hope you'll continue to find ways to improve it without having to turn off the features that make it awesome.

My system is old and underpowered so I can't reaaly give much in the way of meaningful feedback.

9 FPS in included test level

I DID NOT see the issue with either weapon

-------------------------------

AMD Athlon64 Dual Core @ 2.2Ghz

4GB DDR2 RAM (3.25 usable)

GeForce 8600GT w/512MB

Windows 7 (32Bit)

-------------------------------

Keep up the great work.

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 03:01
I'm having similar issues with the two weapons mentioned.
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Someone has suggested the FOV does not work at all?

There are some really very good and helpful things in the update but as always seemingly accompanied by more issues which creep in.

loopster1616
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 03:39
Why is there no sound at all?

Guadalupe Alvarado Jr.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 03:45
Yeah; I messed about with the FOV, to no avail.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 08:22 Edited at: 9th Nov 2013 08:45
Quote: "Someone has suggested the FOV does not work at all?"

You need to lower camera distance slider for FOV to work It's maxed out by default.

If your level is highly populated with buildings or trees etc which hide distant terrain and so forth, reducing Camera Distance should also help framerate.

At least it should anyway, but hey! it's a Beta
Grip Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 09:10
yes good on the new realese Mr.Bamber&Mr.Vanner

i was wating for the sound support

Look i make games using fps creator,udk unreal engine,cry engine 3,and unity 3d

B1trider
Years of Service
User Offline
TY for a very prompt update I had some problem with collision detection in the first beta I was testing a level and the enemies would not react to my bullets all the time. Also would it be possible to add location based damage or maybe running an individual script depending on what body part is hit...Excellent engine love it
PM
Green Gandalf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2013 11:16
Quote: "Someone has suggested the FOV does not work at all?"

Yes, that's my experience too. I've tried several times to reduce it and the slider moves rather jerkily and unpredictably and has no obvious effect. It worked perfectly in beta1.

Quote: "You need to lower camera distance slider for FOV to work It's maxed out by default."

Why is that relevant to FOV? Seems to be the case though.