Product Chat / Reloaded Minecraft

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all! Some of you may have seen this, as it has had a fair few views already! But if not here it is!

Enjoy!

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, what a fun looking video there

never seen minecraft b4 but I guess that's a good look alike? looks good what you have done with the software though.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You have never seen Minecraft?! Not even piccies? That's unusual to say the least!

It's fairly representative, although I didn't attempt to get the floor all done with blocks on my system I was thinking of doing a Stanley Parable/Minecraft thing, but ended up doing this lol. Never know I might play about a bit more with it.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
lol im sheltered, or ignorant of such things lol

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 21:18
Very cool! I really wanted to see you take a shovel to some of the grass blocks. Or maybe punch some wood.

I honestly didn't know there was anyone on Earth with access to a computer that remained unaware of Minecraft.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 21:29 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 21:30
Quote: "I honestly didn't know there was anyone on Earth with access to a computer that remained unaware of Minecraft. "

I'me one

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 21:44
You mean you haven't played it or that you have never heard of it at all? Just curious. I have kids in 2nd and 6th grade and work in the simulation industry so I understand my perspective is skewed. But both my kids went as Minecraft characters for Halloween and everyone knew exactly what they were. I guess that plus the fact that nearly 13 million individual licenses for the game have been *purchased* on PC/Mac alone (not to mention XBox, Android, iOS, etc.) that it's hard to go a single day without seeing some reference to the game (e.g. television references, youtube, internets, etc.). Haha...it's just hard to imagine anyone who has truly never even heard of it.
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2013 21:52 Edited at: 8th Nov 2013 21:53
Quote: "have never heard of it at all"

Thats me ,I think it might help to say that i have grand children .I play a lot of fps games i also licence 7 fps game engines but never heard of it.

EDIT I will google it

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Be careful, it can be an addictive game.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Just giving this a bump. I'm sure most have you have seen this, but it would be nice to get some fresh eyes! Sorry for the double post!

loopster1616
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2013 01:58
Seems all the guy did was make the objects and just placed them on the screen. You noticed he never used a pic or shovel or anything to break blocks. It's not hard to make a block and do what he did. We all know you would have to make a object that can be broken down for it to work. And most important of all. You would have to have a way to paste mass amounts of blocks to even make it all happen. Or some random world importer. Plus, all the other stuff that is in Mindcraft. A lot of work!

Guadalupe Alvarado Jr.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I never intended to recreate Minecraft. I was just in a creative mood and thought I would see how FPS Reloaded coped with something like it. Also, given there is little else can be done to add gameplay elements in yet, it's not surprising I didn't add actual mining in!

I'm glad you would find it easy to make a block and just put it in as you say. I didn't. I had to learn how to use Blender just to do this, and Blender, although very powerful, is also a major pain in the ass. So making a simple UV wrapped box was actually quite a long and slow process for me.

It was just something a little different from the usual videos out there that is all!

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well I liked the look of it and the vid, so nice work m8.

keep it up and such

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "well I liked the look of it and the vid, so nice work m8."

Thanks almightyhood! It was just a bit of fun after all. I've not tried it on beta 1.03 yet but I might just give it a shot, see how it copes. I've noticed some nasty slowdown in the new version in quite simple scenes so far

FPSXGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great, I did some Minecraft models some time ago for FPSC x9. Like you I was just in a creative mood, good fun.

http://www.fps-x-games.com/2012/05/minecreator-wip-minecraft-meets-fps.html

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks nice FPSXGames. You have the look down pretty well there!

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool concept, great to see what folks come up with around here. Without any scripting commands it's going to be difficult to do anything more than build scenes if it's outside the box, but what I see is at least an attempt to use your imagination instead of whining about limitations....well done
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I am guilty of complaining in a couple of my vids But it is constructive and meant to be taken as such I always state it is a beta and so has a long way to go. If I complain about speed or a bug it because I hope it will speed up the process of Lee finding em!

I find Blender to be the most unintuitive package I have ever used, and because I used to own 3DS Max (Computer Arts cover giveaway! Best mag I ever bought.), it is even harder to get into!

Still, I plug away a bit at a time and at least now can (almost) spin, pan and zoom around my object without having to think too much! The keyboard shortcuts don't help! I mean, ctr +Z for undo? What's wrong with U?! But I digress, lol.

Thanks for the positive comments. I do my best If I could make a big T-Rex to wander into a scene I would! But I am some way off that day!

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well, I am guilty of complaining in a couple of my vids"
LOL, just shows how you need to watch what you say online, I was just speaking generally
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, things can be easily taken out of context, I didn't actually think you were referring to any of my vids, but I am honest lol, so thought I'd own up

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:16:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:16:29