Product Chat / WORKAROUND: "Can't place entities on tall mountains"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
There is currently a "bug" in the Beta version of FPS Creator Reloaded that prevents players from being able to place entities above a certain elevation on the terrain. I've stumbled across a fast solution for this limitation that you can use to add detail to your otherwise barren mountaintops.

(NOTE: It was explained in my previous thread by Lee that eventually you will be able to freely place entities anywhere on your terrain, this "artificial limit" is in place for Beta).

1) On flat terrain, place trees, rocks, other entities you would like to see on your extreme mountain tops.

2) Using the elevation tool, raise/sculpt your terrain. The entities will automatically raise/lower with the terrain, including above the entity placement height limit!

3) Upon playtest if you discover your objects are floating above the ground, right click the entity in editor view and use PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN to nudge the height of the object, as well as the ARROW KEYS to tweak it's coordinates.

Important consideration! PLAYER seems to struggle going above a certain height on some grades of slopes... if the player is persistent, he can break through the glass ceiling but at the expensive of warping THROUGH the terrain and falling "underneath it"... coming to a stop at sea level (which we can't swim through).

GAME DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS

1) Don't think you can fill a hillside with high detail trees and not suffer in performance! My computer's setup seems to indicate (with a map I'm working on now) that polygons can be freely added on... but if you end up disabling water reflections, shadows, and light rays.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2831087/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:44:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:44:41