Website/Forum Feedback / Why old forum??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 12:52 Edited at: 4th Nov 2013 13:32
WHY??? ..is my only question.

The new board worked fine, you could see what was new etc.. and you got back to OLD SCHOOL?? ..and all good postings are GONE.

NOT a good move, not a good move.

I don´t understand.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 13:47
As an FPSC Classic user, I am very happy with the change in forums. The classic forums worked well, and were very easy to navigate.

But, it all comes down to opinion and obviously, I was and am used to the old forum layout.

The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 14:28
Steohl72

The posts are not gone they are still being imported all backdated posts are on their way it is very hard to convert two completely incompatible forum types.

As for why we are using the old forums they are technically speaking far better than the vanilla based forums we were using and also far more secure, the decision has had a lot of thought and we believe this is the best track.
PM
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:16
I dont agree at all. But every one has the right of their opinion. I just wonder why some want to stick to old school.. both in forum and FPSCR software. Afraid of changes?

I also was a bit skepitcal of the new forum at first, but once you get into it it was really good. I think you need to let new things have a chance before rejecting it. Progress is often good.

More secure? Suddenly there are Google ads in the forum?

Technical speaking, as you said, there are far more better forums then this old one.

I think the old foum is one step back, but if a majority wants it.. well, that´s they way it is and I´ll accept that - but I don´t agree
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2013 15:25
Steohl72

As one that has spent hours in the backend code of both forums trust me when I say TGC's aims are much better suited to this forum software.

The reason why there is Google ads in this forum is that they were in the old TGC forums and they have not yet been removed, the forums are an active development and will be updated to all the newest technologies, imagine how bad the importing of data would have been if we waited even longer to move over. I would have had thousands of messages to move and possibly hundreds of lost screenshots.

This is not a situation I want to occur hence why we moved before all the new features are added (or shown to the public).

The old TGc forums on which these forums are based are much loved by all who use them but are indeed in need of an update, hence why I am here.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:30:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:30:19