Product Chat / Please Lee i am Begging you.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 15:06 Edited at: 17th Jul 2019 15:08
Lee. please man. i am begging you.
Can we please see if there is some money available ,, then we pay someone like Smallg or AmenMoses or who ever wants to take on the challenge to write us a script that you can put on any Npc , and that script must just randomly run thru the animation that looks like the character is talking or just stand and fidget. and then if you aggravate the character or he gets hurt then that script calls the normal ai_soldier script or what ever script one wants to use. please we urgently need a script that can do this.
i am sure i am not the only one that will want a sricpt like that. When ever you want to make a game and you put a character down then they go straight in to the gun animation. its a hassle to make a character with the character creator and get it right that it does not go in to the gun animation , and if it does not, then it looks like they have lost there hair or something. please can we pay someone or, i am even sure if you with your talent just spent one day i am sure you can make us a script that let the NPC just stand there and fidget or go thru the animations as if they are talking.

Please we can not wait another Six months or so for something like this .
We ( i ) need it,, it stops me from populating my town. and also in a lot of my other maps.

Pcs.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 15:54
There is another thread which looks at the possibility of a 100 character pack which will include many of the scripts you mentioned for regular 'population' style content, but there is now the idea we should scrap this and instead improve the Character Creator and create a DLC that adds bits to that as content. The 100 character pack could have been done by third parties, but the Character Creator is something only I can do which means waiting until all the other stuff is out the way, which means more waiting. You can certainly put your vote to the 100 character pack as that could be done relatively quickly and without my exclusive involvement (and you get your scripts).
PC SPECS: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 GPU, 16GB SYSTEM RAM

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 16:39
I think it matters what Characters You mean Lee? If it is the man sitting on a parkbench reading a newspaper, a guy drinking booze in the park or just People passing by on the pavement, some cheap hookers and hippies slash some 80s punkers then make the pack now cause I will buy it!
Guess what Aiko and I did this weekend...
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 17th Jul 2019 17:41
PCS, to do this is one of the simplest bits of LUA you can do, you just keep setting animation frames and playing animation frames. The hard part is deciding which animation frames to use, for the stock characters it would be easy because they all have the same animation set, so all their animation frames will be the same, but for characters from the DLC's, especially the classics you would have to have a different script with different animation calls for every character, it's not just a matter of telling it to find talking animations , you would either have to go through each model and write a separate script for each, or go through each models animations and mark down their frames in the fpe and is the anim0/1/2/3 calls to run them, and any custom characters would need the same work.

Primary Desktop:
i7 7700,k NV1070 8GB, 16GB 3200mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Secondary Desktop:
i5 4760k, NV960 2GB, 16GB 2333mhz memory, 1x 2TB Hybrid, Win10.

Laptop:
i3, Intel 4000 series graphics, 6GB memory, 1x 500gb HDD, Win8.1.
Lafette II
Years of Service
User Offline
I even get those things. NPC, the only way to decorate the map, are no problem. I've made a couple of people doing things like walking around (even drunk), talking, arguing, sitting around, talking on the phone, or just leaning against the wall. As belidos says, it is super easy to give each npc its own animation.
Look HERE , these are a few examples.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2019 18:05 Edited at: 18th Jul 2019 18:09
All you have to do is find the relevant animation frames for talking and play them. There are some for all standard NPC's, not sure about other ones like fantasy characters and such though. This vid shows a character creator npc talking, although I have the sound down and am talking over it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcafRL0LzFI&t=76s
Here's a clue.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th Jul 2019 11:15
DVader, will do so
thank you
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I've posted a tutorial on this on these very forums now Should give you a good start.
SPECS: Ryzen 1700 CPU. Nvidia 970GTX. 16 Gig Memory. Win 10.
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I think the character creator needs redoing from scratch with many more features.
Julian - increasingly disillusioned and jaded
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 00:21:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 00:21:22