Bug Reports / Characters Bugs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 12:53 Edited at: 30th Apr 2015 14:03
While making a map for comp 6.
I found that..

The Uzi Soldier and the Uzi Guard Defender - will not shoot at you . They follow you around but never take a shot.
The Masked Soldier (Peek) and the Combat Soldier (Peek) - will not shoot at you and it seems that they do not know that you are next to them or around them.

next

Assassin (1) - has no walk animation.
Barbarian Unarmed 2 - has no walk animation. also once he attacks you and you move away he does not move again or turns to the player.
Drunk Unarmed 1 - has no walk animation.

and

Female Hag Zombie - has no walk animation.
Female Zombie - has no walk animation and does not attack.
Headband Zombie - has no walk animation and does not attack.
Slow Zombie 4 - has no walk animation and does not attack.
Slow Zombie 1 - has no walk animation and does not attack.
Slow Zombie 2 - does not attack.
Male Zombie Manager - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.
Male Zombie Office - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.
Male Zombie Casual - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.
Female Zombie Casual - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.
Female Zombie Office - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.
Female Zombie Skirt - Collapses onto the ground and just slides around.

What has caused all this, is it a bug in the scripts as supplied in GG or is it something that has changed in my system.
It would be good if someone could confirm the above.

I may be old, but at least my memory still ....hmmm

Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2789 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yep still broken for 028
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 04:00
ok, just tested these and had them all on the same map spawned from start, they are acting proper on my machine.
Can you guys do a file verification please.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
verified files and tested 1 by 1 this is what i get;
female goth = sliding - she attacks sometimes and does damage

(the following do attack but only when out of range and do no damage)
bandaged zombie = sliding (upright) and no attack
horror zombie = no attack while in range
skelly zombie = no attack while in range
slow zombie1 = no attack while in range
slow zombie 2 = no attack while in range

the rest all work fine

note this is all the zombies under characters - no extras and no edits to fpe or scripts (i edited the script after testing to show the names for the video)
all 3 scripts are used at some point by these zombies.

video uploading

life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

perelect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 20:29
Just checked them with v028.

Its a bit different now.

I agree with smallg video above they done the same with me with the exception of the female goth she didn't collapse and slide for me.

also sometimes the Male orderly, Male office and Male manager, just stood upright with a bit of a lean forward and done nothing.
after I restarted in test mode 3 times they attacked. its hit and miss for me.

also

The Masked Soldier (Peek) and the Combat Soldier (Peek) - will not shoot at you and it seems that they do not know that you are next to them or around them.

and

All of the medieval characters have no walk animation and the barbarian 1 and 2 are offset above the ground by about 20 to 40 units.

Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2789 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 20:48
@Smallg, I am wondering if your scripts did not get updated. I seen that behavior in a devtest and was not used for the live version. Can you save all the AI scripts to another folder and have Steam re download them to you?

Also try clearing the DBO and Bin files for your characters, having the editor rebuild them.

Please let me know if this helps. Just a hunch.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
deleting the bin & dbo files fixed the goth and the bandaged zombies sliding/movement but the others are still not attacking (the bandaged zombie too)
the scripts were the same but i re-downloaded them anyway and no fix/changes
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2015 23:58 Edited at: 4th May 2015 00:00
I seen this in one of the dev builds and they changed some of the bipeds to account for this. I will keep at this to find a pattern.

I have had all 36 zombies on the screen and they attack me. Animation working proper, backing away from them, not really liking the default cut off distance. but for my own stuff, I would be customizing the scripts anyway. but it is a base line to determine what systems will handle what.

The more videos we have of it the more a pattern will emerge. I should actually post my test map. it would give consistent results. It is attached below. This is mostly zombie and a few of the soldiers and couple of the fantasy character. It is a map I used to test spawning and range and it is painted on the terrain where everything is. You will see when you load it.

The cover soldiers shot at me, the uber soldier are completely ruthless. this is a separate map and I did not save it. but I will make another.

I will keep on this, as I can see in your video things that I saw in dev testing, but are fixed on my machine.

Thanks for the video. And thanks to all that run these maps and, well figure it out.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Eteponge
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having the same issues with the zombies, only there is no sliding of the female goth zombie or others. Mostly them just not attacking and their animations going stiff when they get close to you. Basically what's in the video minus the sliding around.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 02:16
Thank you.

perelect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 14:22
@Pirate Myke

I have a link to a video of your map.
Quiet a few problems as you will see.
I reduced video quality/size as the original size was huge, and the upload was taking way to long.
Video is jerky and blurred, but the game play was smooth. I still have the original video if required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w0vpg4jd26h319/char%20bugs.flv?dl=0[/href]

I killed the AI that seemed ok to me the rest are the issue. This is repeatable with the same faults on same AI. I played your map 6 times.

I hope this helps.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 14:52
@Perelect: Thanks for the video. I see your machine specs are a laptop with two cards in it.
Have you tried this in the setup.ini to use the bigger card?

adapterordinal=0 change to adapterordinal=1

This will force GG to use the secondary graphics card which is a more powerful card.

See if this makes your stuff run smoother.

Thanks for the video. and thanks for running the map.

perelect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 15:26
I have tried that change before with no luck, and i just tried it again and got the same error message.
See screen shot.
I don't know what this means.
GG just keeps restarting over and over with this error message, until I close the app and process in task manager and swap it back to adapterordinal=0 in setup.ini.

Id really like to try and run it on the other card if someone knows how.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2015 22:28
thanks for the error message, something I can pass to the devs, so maybe they can help you out.
Maybe we can get to the bottom of this for you.

perelect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2015 22:44
Update: FYI

Quote: "The Masked Soldier (Peek) and the Combat Soldier (Peek) - will not shoot at you and it seems that they do not know that you are next to them or around them.
"

Today I just found that the 2 peek soldiers I referred to above have no script. Hence that's why they didn't work for me.
They have the ai_peek.lua assigned to them in properties by default, but there is no such script in the scriptbank at the moment.

perelect

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 08:39:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 08:39:58